Tuesday 4 March 2008

Walk: Wed. Mar. 5 @ Shoppers

If we aren't snowed or iced in, again!, you might want to meet on Wednesday at 7 pm for 5K. Yes, only 5K. That's once around the block. Take it easy, haul out the YakTrax and play it safe. Sign in on the web page if you're coming.

I say "you" because it's Doc Soup night again, so some of us will be watching a documentary called Autism: The Musical and eating popcorn for supper somewhere near this colourful corner.

Note: The front end of the Mississauga Half schedule posted is now modified to give us a more gentle start after the Chilly. We start up again on Saturday with 8K and build from there.

Incidentally, the times are now posted for Sunday's races. Check them out -- we did splendidly, particularly our first-timers. Recovering athletes Trish, Eileen and Cheryl also deserve special mention for courage and determination.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't be there on Wed as I'm going to watch some "dirty dancing" but I'm sure you guys will enjoy yourselves.
Leverne

Helen said...

Jan, Susan, Niki, Michelle, Bob & I will be at the movies. Have a great walk!

P Dawn said...

I won't be there tonight.

Trish said...

In the last 10 days, several friends have fallen and hurt themselves, one friend shattered the top of her tibia and needed surgery and will be off her feet for 3 months, and another fell in his own driveway and broke his ankle. I think I am staying inside tonight.
See you all on Saturday.

Helen said...

Trish is right -- we don't have to break an ankle to prove we're an athlete. See you Saturday... I hope.