Friday 29 October 2021

Walks: Saturday October 30 to Thursday November 4

Shore Things Gather?

It feels like it's been forever since we have seen the whole group together in one place. Fortunately, as vaccinations have increased and cases declined, it looks like it might just happen, if people are comfortable with that. We could be meeting at Trish's condo party room as we have in the past (the space is booked for November 13 just in case). Please share your thoughts in the comments by November 1 so a decision can be made and all have enough notice either way. 

Happy Birthday!

🎂It's David's turn to celebrate! Wish him all the best this coming Wednesday.

Weekly Walks

Saturday's forecast is for cool and light rain, but hey, we've heard THAT story before. There is no bad weather, just bad clothing. It's a good opportunity to discuss the get-together in person.

Denizen of the Gus Harris Trail

Looking for a country get-away in the city? Consider the Gus Harris Trail in Warden Woods Park. This 3.2 km. trail (one way) running along Taylor-Massey Creek is very easy, partially paved (the rest is crushed gravel), very quiet and only lightly frequented. Lots of free parking is available at the south end just off Pharmacy north of Danforth. The turnaround is at St. Clair and Warden, which could also be a starting point for anyone wishing to reach the trail by subway as Warden Station is just across the street.

On the way to Gus Harris Trail. We cover all the bases.





14 comments:

Lou-Ann Cox said...

I plan on walking provided it is no raining. Will post if I am not coming.

Anonymous said...

In anticipation that it will be raining tomorrow morning ...

Arlene, Libby and I will walk on Sunday, 8:00, from Loblaws.

Ruth

P.S. If it isn't raining tomorrow, I'll be out tomorrow as well.

Susan said...

I’m going to join in on the Sunday walk at 8:00. Trying to avoid damp days that chill me to the bone.

Jan said...

Sounds like Sunday is the choice but I'll check in tomorrow morning just in case.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out for a walk at all this weekend.

Barb S.

Stacey said...

I’m aiming for Sunday morning as well.

Helen said...

Sunday for us, unless a miracle happens on Saturday morning. Will confirm tomorrow.

Lou-Ann Cox said...

I'm going back to bed...raining!

Jan said...

Yup I'm sticking with Sunday

Anonymous said...

I’m in Guelph, it’s not raining here!

Barb S.

Stacey said...

Oh - and I would love a Shore Things gathering and November 13 works for me.

Kim said...

I’ll be out Sunday.

P Dawn said...

not sure if this will work on my 6th try but wanted to say I am not comfortable coming to the party on 13th. Hopefully next year.

Anonymous said...

Nov 13 sounds great. I'll be there, and probably my sidekick (Henry) will come too.

Ruth