Friday 22 October 2021

Walks: Saturday October 23 to Thursday October 28

 Streeeeeetch!

It's something that we often forget to do after our walks, so a gentle reminder that we should probably spend a few minutes stretching before hoisting up that cup of Timmie's. Walking guru Lee Scott had posted a yoga stretch routine on Vimeo (which I had hoped to link to) but that link seems to be broken. 

In the meantime, here is a blog post from Fitbit that covers similar ground.


stretching routine for walkers


Goodbye Lynne!

Last Tuesday was Lynne's last walk with the Shore Things (at least until she is back for a visit, or we cross the pond to her). She is now getting settled in Dear Old Blighty. However, she has brought with her a piece of Canada permanently inked as a memento of her years in Canada. Best of everything in your new adventure and au revoir!


Happy Birthdays

First, slightly belated birthday greetings to Deanna, who celebrated yesterday—sorry, gotta reconcile my calendars! Hope it was everything you hoped for! 

Then, best wishes to Stacey for a fun filled birthday this coming Thursday. 

We hope both can be out Saturday so they can be warmly feted.

Weekly Walks

And speaking of which, the forecast is definitely seasonal: cool (except for the feting) but at least mostly sunny. In any case, we have learned that we cannot fully rely on the weatherperson for accurate predictions, so come prepared for anything, sometimes even a dry outcome...

Walkers impervious to Saturday rain!

Pumpkin spice girls (and a couple of guys)

As mentioned last week, a small group did a weekday walk on the The Meadoway. The path was very enjoyable and remarkably free of bikes and even other people (make 6 in an hour). We'll be there again so do post a message in the comments if you want to join up with that pod.

The Meadoway and Big Sky


11 comments:

Lou-Ann Cox said...

Yes Bob, you are so right we should be stretching before and after...thanks for the reminder. I plan on walking tomorrow morning...will show up this time! Lynne, I hope your travels home were uneventful...you will be missed!

Helen said...

We’ll be out at 8, dressed for Octobrrrrrr! See you at Loblaws.

Kim said...

I will be out Saturday at 8 am.

Olwyn said...

Thanks for the reminder about stretching Bob; I often don't build it into my before and after routine, but if I can look like that girl stretching, in the blue tights, I'll start doing it! ;-) Won't be out tomorrow morning as I'm going to a felting workshop for the day. Happy walking everyone! And Bob, you're doing a great job with the blog; it looks fabulous! And I didn't miss the little comment a few weeks ago about 'that' calendar....maybe 2022 is the year to do it! :-)

Olwyn said...

Also, love the photos; everyone looks great. And the Meadoway looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow. Olwyn, we _all_ look even better than the girl in the blue tights!

Felting sounds like fun. House hunting does not sound like fun, but best of luck to Lynn.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning at Loblaws for 8 am.

Barb S.

Susan said...

All the best to Lynne….didn’t even have an opportunity to say farewell. Will miss you!

Happy birthday to both Deanna and Stacey.

I’ll be out on Saturday if it isn’t damp or raining. Nursing the end of a cold and don’t want to push my luck. Don’t wait.

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow, if I didn't catch Talula's (and then Lydia's) cold

Kim said...

I won’t be out today after all. Have a good walk.

P Dawn said...

Last try to get this published,
I am not yet comfortable with coming to our party on 13th.
Wish I could....