Thursday 2 January 2020

Walks - Saturday Jan. 4 - Wednesday Jan. 8, 2020

Great Finish

Need more inspiration to get you moving in 2020? Here's more....


Congratulations to Norma and David (who represented us at the Hair of the Dog), and Trish, who represented us in Vancouver's Resolution Run. Strong start to 2020.

What's that, you say? You still need more inspiration?

Congratulations to Margy and Rainer who did a 5 km race walking in the sand. They were rewarded with beer, medals and great weather.

What a strong start to 2020 - is there a race somewhere that is calling your name? I think so....

Join us on Saturday, at Tim's at 8:00 am. We will walk, enjoy coffee with friends and talk about the accomplishments of Shore Thing members. What a crew!

Mid-week walks - Monday and Wednesday mornings, one group often walks - they post the time and place in the blog comments so watch for it.

Wednesday morning, starting at Tim's, there is a group that walks starting at 9:00 or 9:30. Charlotte will send an organizing email in advance. Let her know if you want to be added to the mailing list.

I hope to see you on Saturday - now is the time to get back on track! 

Happy New Year one and all.






23 comments:

Helen said...

See you tomorrow at 8 for some Ks.

Anonymous said...

The ski bus is a "GO', so I won't be walking tomorrow.
Val

Libby said...

I'll be out to work off some calories!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year one and all. What a motivated group we are! Chances are slim I'll be out in the morning but goal is to be out regularly starting on the 11th. If I write it down it has to be true.

Olwyn said...

Happy New Year everyone; and congrats to all the finishers who have already done a race in 2020! I'm planning on being out in the morning, and I'm the same as Libby; have to walk off some of these calories!

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning - a lot of chocolate to walk off...

Susan suggested we walk by 660 Broadview at Wolfrey to see the plaque to the first black alderman. From Tim's to there is 3.7K and if we continue on to Broadview and Danforth we hit 4k. For those wishing to do 6k total the turnaround is the east side of Withrow park

Any takers?

Anonymous said...

I’ll be out in the morning. Jan that route sounds good to me. Happiest of New Years to all. Trish it’ll be good to see you when you start back.
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll be out at 8:00 am and Jan, that route sounds great - interested to check out the plaque - while burning off some calories.

All the best to everyone....

Sharon KJ said...

I won't out tomorrow but will resume walking next week.

Wishing all a prosperous and joyous new year!

SKJ

Helen said...

Sounds good to me, Jan. See you all at 8 am.

Congratulations to all our racers. You did us proud.

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim’s this morning.

Barb S.

Susan said...

Not likely going to walk on Monday morning - a little snow makes it slippery and I have some workermen coming around 11:00 am that I need to be ready to greet.

Helen said...

We’d be interested in walking on Monday morning, if the weather cooperates. But there’s always the dome. Maybe we can meet there, then decide: inside or outside. Will check in tomorrow morning.

Jan said...

I could do the some in the morning.
I'll check in when I get up.

Anonymous said...

I can walk Monday morning, what time?
Leverne

Jan said...

Change of plan - not enough sleep. I'm staying in bed!

Helen said...

Meet at 8 or 8:30?

Anonymous said...

8:15 would be good for me
Lev

Helen said...

Want to pick us up on your way?

Anonymous said...

Sure
Lev

Leverne said...

Any walkers on wed morning

Helen said...

We can walk Wednesday. Tim’s 2 at 8.

Susan said...

I'll join you at Tim's 2.

Thanks for posting.