Wednesday 10 July 2019

Walks - Saturday July 13 - Wednesday July 17

Walking Joy - Canada Day

Well, it may be hot but we still will walk - so join us on Saturday at Tim's. I suggest two start times, 7:30 am and 8:00 am. Let others know your choice of start time.

Mid-week walks:
Evenings: At 6:30 pm, Monday (Loblaws or Dawes Road-who knows?) and Wednesday (Occasions).
Daytime: likely Wednesday morning from Tim's. I assume Charlotte will send a confirming memo.

Join in and sign in.

Training distances:
Ottawa: 12 km; 8 km and 8 km
Corning: 8 km; 5 km and 5 km
Scotiabank's training schedule starts next week.

Announcements & Information:
Beaches Jazz Race - choice of 5, 10 and 20 km July 28 - Toronto
Ultra-night Run (or walk for us) - Aug 16th - 5 & 10 km distances - Toronto - rate increases July 16
Butter Tart Festival Races (especially for Rainer) - 5 k walk - Burlington Aug. 17th

As always, we send our very best wishes to those who are struggling with illness, recovering from injury or surgery, or are sidelined for some reason. To those who are travelling, be safe and enjoy.

A photo gem from Olwyn

11 comments:

Olwyn said...

I'm planning on being out Saturday morning for a 6k ~ see everyone then. Will aim for 8am, but if most people are heading out at 7:30am, will try and be out a bit earlier...yawn.... :-)

Charlotte said...

I plan to be out at 8 for 6k.

Helen said...

We'll be out at 8 am for an 8K walk. See you then.

Anonymous said...

Arlene (and Val) and I will be out for 8:00.

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

Olwyn, the photo is lovely!

I'll be out for 8. I'll pick up Laura and Barb on the way.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will not be out on Saturday.

Barb S.

Susan said...

I am walking at 8:00 am. See you then.

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday but hope to see people on the 24th.

Lynne said...

I'll be out tomorrow at 8.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Rainer and I will not be out tomorrow.
Margy

Helen said...

We won’t be out on Monday or Wednesday. See you next Saturday!