Friday 31 May 2019

Walks: Sat. June 1 to Wed. June 5

Laura and Sharon take time out for a quick game of checkers...
Okay, I'm late again! Too much going on at our house lately. But there's still lots of time to sign in to say if you'll be joining us for a refreshing walk in the Beach, starting at 8 am Saturday from Tim's at Lake Shore and Leslie. Training hasn't kicked in yet, so it's whatever distance inspires you.

Our weekly schedule also includes:

  • new time and place for Sunday mornings, until further notice*: A 10:15 start, meeting at Lee Avenue. Dogs are allowed on this walk and we usually walk the boardwalk/peanut at a slow/moderate pace." As Sundays have been infrequently attended, please sign in or contact Kim directly if you're coming out. *If anyone still meets at the Running Room on Sunday mornings, just let me know.
  • Monday evenings at 6:30 pmPlease note a change in venue: Meet at the west entrance to Lowe's at Danforth Shoppers World. Our new location gives us access to the Taylor Creek trails. We enjoyed it last week! Let us know if you're coming.
  • Wednesday evenings (still at Occasions) at 6:30 pm – as usual, weather permitting. It's especially useful if you sign in for weeknight walks! 
  • Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's – usually Charlotte sends a confirming email to regulars in this group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.

No race news this week!

But do check our Race Interests list in the right sidebar on our website and let Libby know if you have signed up for anything. Training and racing is (or are) always better in the company of friends.

Get well and/or have a great trip wishes go out to all our Shore Things who are absent. We're thinking of you, either way!

And a reminder to let Lou-Ann know if you'll be attending the pool party. Please note that the day of the event has been changed to the Sunday, rather than the Saturday.

See you on Saturday!

The bridge on the Spit was displaced by our record rains!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arlene and I will be out tomorrow morning - hopefully it will be dry!

Ruth

Eva said...

Hello... I am back. Actually, I arrived in Toronto more than a week ago but suffered a very bad jet lag. I am slowly going back to my old routine. The hiking trips in Tasmania, Australia and Tongariro National Park, New Zealand were awesome. Definitely I recommend it. Very scenic, clean and fresh and few places where you can drink rain and stream waters without boiling it. Tongariro National Park is where the Lords of the Rings' Mt Doom (a volcano called Mt. Ngauruhoe) is located. I was also able to visit the place of the Hobbits in New Zealand.
I will try to be out tomorrow, Saturday morning (if I have a good night sleep so please do not wait for me).
I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Olwyn said...

I won’t be out Saturday morning as I’m out of town. Have a great weekend everyone and see you soon!

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow. Barb, I'll pick you up at the house.

SKJ

Lou-Ann said...

I will be walking tomorrow, so will see everyone then...
Welcome back Eva...look forward to hearing all about your amazing trip!

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow

Stacey said...

Hi everyone. Welcome back Eva! I had planned to walk tomorrow morning, but I have a plumbing problem and the only time the plumber can come is on Saturday morning.

Helen said...

We’ll be out

Jan said...

JUne?? When did that happen???

I"ll be out - need to move.

Helen said...

We'll be at Lowe's west entrance at 6:30 for a walk in the park!

Lynne said...

Won't be out tonight. The weather is playing havoc with my head.

Kim said...

I won’t be out tonight. I am on the streetcar on the way home from work. Have a good walk in the park.

Helen said...

Rain, rain, drat this rain. I'd be willing to walk on Wednesday evening, if it isn't raining. Radar map makes it look like we might get the tail end of the rain just at the time when we'd normally set out. Will wait to see if that changes.

If we can't walk tonight, would anyone like to go out on Thursday evening instead?

Anonymous said...

I could be talked into Thursday night if the weather is fine
Leverne

Jan said...

I could go Thursday

Jan said...

Oops no I can't - got a client meeting at 4 - doubtful I'll be done by 6

Helen said...

Okay, we’re confirming that we’ll be walking on Thursday, not tonight. Time and place TBD.

Lynne said...

I'm interested as long as it's dry.