Friday 7 June 2019

Walks: Sat. June 8 to Wed. June 12

Note that some of us are wearing actual shorts!
Late again! But here I am with our post at long last. Please sign in to say when and where you'll be!

Hope to see you Saturday at 8 am at Tim's on Leslie at Lake Shore. Our Corning training doesn't start till mid-July, so we're still doing maintenance distances – and maintaining friendships along the way.

Our weekly schedule also includes:

  • new time and place for Sunday mornings, until further notice*: A 10:15 start, meeting at Lee Avenue. Dogs are allowed on this walk and we usually walk the boardwalk/peanut at a slow/moderate pace." As Sundays have been infrequently attended, please sign in or contact Kim directly if you're coming out. *If anyone still meets at the Running Room on Sunday mornings, just let me know.
  • Monday evenings at 6:30 pmPlease note ANOTHER change in venue: Meet in the parking lot to Taylor Creek Park on Dawes. This gives us a shortcut to the Taylor Creek trails. We enjoyed it again this week! Let us know if you're coming.
  • Wednesday evenings (still at Occasions) at 6:30 pm – as usual, weather permitting. It's especially useful if you sign in for weeknight walks! 
  • Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's – usually Charlotte sends a confirming email to regulars in this group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.
Race news from Libby:


Best wishes to our racers this weekend. Both the Women's Shoppers Race and the Diva 5K have Shore Things Walkers!. You go girls...do enjoy the projected sunshine at long last!. Have fun and do us proud and send some photos!

Our racing queen Olwyn has beat the price increase this week and signed up for the Scotia Waterfront Half October 20. She is looking for compnay both for the race and for training. Do consider this local race...well supported with lots of walkers. This race is just a couple of weeks after Corning so those racing in Corning may wish to put all that training to good use and sign up for Scotia as well!


That's it for this week...keep the news coming in, as I expect to be able to give race input despite being out of action with foot surgery!


Thanks, Libby, and good luck with the surgery. And best wishes to all our "away team" – looking forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Thanks to Norma for this feathered family photo.

18 comments:

Sharon KJ said...

What a lovely photo of Mama swan and her cygnets! See you in the morning along with Barb and Laura.

SKJ

Unknown said...

Not sure if I will be out in the morning. It's report card time again and I am nursing a summer cold. Hope to be back out regularly soon. I have signed up to do the Ottawa Army run in September with Cheryl and Anita. Enjoy the sunshine everyone.

Lou-Ann said...

I plan on seeing everyone tomorrow morning...no Diva Race this weekend, it is postpone till late in September, now I have lots of time to fit into the tutu better. Safe travels to my friends traveling!

Helen said...

We’ll be at Tim’ On Saturday.

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8:00 for a short slower stroll. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Barbara Brown said...

Hi, I plan to be there in the morning.

Anonymous said...

See everyone at Tim's
Leverne

Jan said...

GO RAPS!!!!! I'll be out in the morning for 8.

How about 8k to Cherry Beach and back using the new route from just inside the spit? 6k turnaround past the bridge where the path first gets close to the beach.

Olwyn said...

Hi all, I won’t be out Saturday as I’m in Prince Edward County for the weekend. Enjoy the wonderful weather! O

Anonymous said...

Not sure about tonight, even as I'm walking home, its spitting and they are predicting thunderstorms tonight

Anonymous said...

That's Levwrne btw

Helen said...

If the weather forecast is really mistaken, we'll be out on Mondy. If it's raining as predicted, we won't. I'd rather not be in the valley if there's a deluge.

Jan said...

or thunderstorms as they were predicting earlier.

Unfortunately I can't go tomorrow morning, nor am I reliable for tomorrow evening. If I'm not too late tomorrow maybe I'll walk home from Parliament and Gerrard.

I won't be out Saturday either as we'll be in Wasaga.

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight—too tired,too little time, it’s too wet. 😊

Jan said...

I won't be walking tonight again - under the gun.

Anonymous said...

i'll walk, see you at occasions at 6:30
Leverne

Lynne said...

I'm up for walking tonight as the weather is good.

Helen said...

Bob and I won't be there tonight -- sorry to miss such a fine day for walking!