Thursday 11 April 2019

Walks: Sat. April 13 to Wed. April 17

Our amazing racers at Angus Glen
As you know, I have vowed never to make weather predictions here. But there's a rumour that it might possibly perhaps maybe (or maybe not; let's not tempt the Weather Gods!) nice for a walk on Saturday. I hope you'll come out and see for yourselves at 8 am at Tim's on Lake Shore and Leslie. Please comment to let us know if you're coming.

Our weekly schedule also includes:

  • Sunday morning at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street.
  • Monday (Loblaws, Gerrard/Vic Park) and Wednesday (Occasions) evenings at 6:30 pm – as usual, weather permitting. It's especially useful if you sign in for weeknight walks!
  • Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's – usually Charlotte sends a confirming email to the regulars in this morning group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.

Race news from Libby:

Congratulations to our racers last weekend. Olwyn represented us well, completing the 8K Spring Roster climbing the hills of High Park on Saturday. 

Ruth, Arlene and Elaine climbed the hills on the golf course at the Angus Glen 10-Miler on Sunday, and Ruth kept up a blazing pace of 12:56 mins per mile (that's under 7.88 mins per km)! 

Well done ladies! You are an inspiration to us all.

The Toronto Waterfront 10K in June sold out in 2 days! Rainer is looking for a spot, so if you know of anyone wishing to sell their bib (which is allowed by the organizers), please contact him!! 

As always, please advise Libby of any Race Interests!

The Southern-Shore Shore Things
Race report from Rainer:

We did a 5km on the beach last weekend. A little different PowerWalking in sand. However had fun on a beautiful day and of course enjoyed a cool beer post race. With this heat, beer is important to stay hydrated. Have a great walk Saturday. Hope it is mild and dry.
Rainer


Norma captures a little local beauty
Shore Things, near and far, vacationing and recovering, we send you our good thoughts and, remember, we always love seeing you, no matter how long you've been away. 

If you have news, pictures, or complaints about the weather (well, maybe not the last one), please contact Helen who remains the sub, for the present, until Susan rejoins us.

18 comments:

Olwyn said...

Congrats to the Angus Glen walkers ~ and well done Ruth; what a great time! And, I heartily agree with Rainer that one does need to hydrate well with beer after a race; excellent advice....! ;-) I likely won't be out Saturday, as I'm working late tonight, and on Saturday ~ into opera season again... Happy walking everyone!

Olwyn said...

And thanks Libby for the congrats; the Race Roster/High Park 8k was fun ~ those killer hills get more familiar each year, so I guess that's not a bad thing! It was a lovely race, and the weather was perfect!

Lou-Ann said...

Congrats to Olwyn last weekend...yes I think you had a perfect morning for your race, and such a lovely spot too. Wow, Ruth that time is "amazing"...well done girl! I can feel the dust in my hair already for tomorrow...see you ladies in the morning for whatever distance we do, weather looks to be nice too!

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out on Saturday. I won't be walking as swiftly as Ruth did!

Stacey said...

Well done last weekend Olwyn and to the Angus Glenners - amazing time Ruth! I'll be out tomorrow morning. See you then!

Unknown said...

Congrats to all our walkers. Seems they have got the season off to a pretty hot start even if the weather hasn't been so hot. I plan to be out in the morning for a distance to be determined.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning - looking forward to a flatter course!

Ruth

Sharon KJ said...

Wow! We are an amazing group to be reckoned with. Great times and spirit. Congratulations to all!

I'll be out tomorrow morning and I'll bring Barb along for the ride.

SKJ

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow - spit anyone?

Anonymous said...

See you all this morning
Leverne

Helen said...

If anyone’s going for a short walk on Monday, we’ll be out. But we both have lots to do so it will have to be a short one.

Kim said...

I’m up for a walk tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'm in
Leverne

Lynne said...

I think I'll skip. Just got home and need to eat & take the dog out.

Jan said...

Looks like I won't make it - still at Dupont and spadina

Jan said...

Anybody walking tonight? I need it!!

Helen said...

Provided it isn't raining, we'll be walking tonight.

Lynne said...

I'm home and hope to be out tonight.