Thursday 3 May 2018

Walks - Saturday May 5 - Wednesday May 9

Spring 

Let's walk on Saturday - starting at 8:00 am at Tim's. The lovely weather is perfect for walking any distance that suits you.  For those training, Niagara folks need to do 18 km; Norway folks need to do 14 km. Both groups are scheduled for 10 km and 8 km during the week. Consider joining the training folks - the company is really appreciated.  Sign in to let others know your plans...especially if anyone who is training wants to start at 7:30 am.  

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am. 
Mid week, week day walkers meet on Wednesday morning at 9:00 am at Tim's. Charlotte will usually send an organizing email to interested folks. Let Charlotte know if you'd like to be added to the list.
Evening walkers meet at 6:30 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). Join us - the more the merrier.
Hikers will be back in training mode after Hot Docs concludes - on a short break this past week.

To those who are injured or ill, we send you our best wishes and hope that you'll soon be back in action. To those travelling, enjoy and be safe. And, to those who are moving soon, we hope you will enjoy your new place. Lots on the go with this group.

Announcements....from Libby: A couple of race reminders- sign up to join the Shopper's Women's 5 or 10K on June 10. I heard a rumour Charlotte may host a brunch for those who race!!

This weekend is the Toronto Marathon (Goodlife) and Mississauga Marathon. If you are travelling beware of road closures. Toronto Half always has a number of fellow walkers to support, although none from Shore Things this year!

Lou-Ann's recommendation for the Ultra Night Run in September has been added to the Races of interest on the side blog!! Registration is only $50 until June 1. 

See you Saturday.

More signs of spring


22 comments:

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out in the morning. Looking forward to a walk.

Anonymous said...

I am also hoping to be out, weather permitting.
Lynne

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out for either 14 or 18 (only is someone else is doing 18!). we will start at 7:30

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out Saturday morning...see you then!

Jan said...

I'll be out - likely starting at 7:30 though if Trish is coming out and doing 18K

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 7:30 for whatever distance is decided upon. Let's hope the wind has died down by then.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Sharon will be out for the walk in the morning and due to a bit of an accident I will not be walking for a few weeks. I will join everyone for coffee.

Barb S.

Trish said...

Jan, I'll be out at 7:30 and 18km. Yes I hope the wind has died down.

Susan said...

Not sure what my plans are so don't wait for me if I'm not there on Saturday.

Eva said...

Hopefully can join whoever is doing short distance on Saturday but do not wait for me.

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I think Helen is flying in tonight (?) so I suspect that means "no" for Bob and Helen. Anyone else coming out?

Jan said...

Sorry aboutnot signing in sooner but I have a Dr appointment at 6 - if I finish in time I'll try to find you but don't count on me.

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight but I will hopefully be out Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I'm walking tonight Susan
Leverne

Susan said...

Great - see you there Leverne.

Bob said...

I may be walking after all as Helen's flight doesn't land until 9:08. Loblaws at 6:30?

Jan said...

If someone has a phone tell me which direction you're going.

Susan said...

Yes - 6:30 and I'll take my phone Jan and/or we could walk toward your house.....as we've been known to do on occasion.

Jan said...

I'm walking tonight - anyone else?

Susan said...

I can walk Jan. See you there

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on walking tonight.
Lynne

Helen said...

Not sure what Bob is doing, but I came home to three big rush projects. So I'll probably be working late tonight. Just snuck out to pull some tree seedlings for a bit of a break – I'm thinking that's my exercise for today. Hope to be out on Saturday.