Friday 1 December 2017

Walks - Saturday Dec. 2 - Wednesday Dec. 6


Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am.  This is a great time to get out and walk - especially if you haven't been out for a while - distance is yours to determine. Speed doesn't matter as long as you get your heart rate up. Coffee with friends is your reward.

Sunday walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen Street at 8:30 am.
Mid week day time walk leaves from Nishe's at 900 am. Let us know if you want to be included in the organizing email with confirming location.
Mid week evening walks at 6:30 pm are Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions).
Sign up and join in.

Announcements:  from Libby - Rumour has it that Ruth has registered for the Hair of Dog with plans to beat Rainer... Rainer and Margy may be out of town this year which really increases a chance of victory for Ruth!.  Any others signing up? This is a great local race with a walking division and great lunch to kick off the New Year on January 1. Price increase December 15.  www.balmybeachcanoe/index.html

Anyone interested in races please let Libby know!

from Susan:  Any interest in a challenge for 2018? Any ideas for a challenge? Let's start a conversation to see if there are any ideas that appeal:
1. Hike 1 or 2 sections of the Bruce Trail during 2018 - there are 9 sections; each one varies in distance. Easy to arrange; beautiful hikes; can be done when the Bruce Trail offers end to end hikes (the club helps with the transportation). Best done in spring and fall.

2.  Amerithon - is a virtual walk across USA; can be done in teams or individually; can include distances done by walking, hiking, running, biking, swimming - you make the rules; form your own team; no time limit to complete the entire route. There is a website which has information. Is an interesting idea with virtual fly over and maps of the USA so you can map your progress.

3. Your ideas go here ....


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan to come out tomorrow morning.

And it's true - the only way I can beat Rainer in a race is if he doesn't enter.

Ruth

Deanna said...

I am hoping to be out in the morning. Have had a cold since last Sunday but should be better by tomorrow.

Eva said...

Ruth, I also need to defend my title of beating Rainer at the Maritime Race Weekend. That gives me an idea and I think I need to start training

Eva said...

Ruth, I also need to defend my title of beating Rainer at the Maritime Race Weekend. That gives me an idea and I think I need to start training

Olwyn said...

I'm routing for Ruth to win the race; especially if Rainer doesn't enter it! I won't be out in the morning as I'm out of town for the weekend; have a great walk and see you all next week!

Libby said...

I plan to be out tomorrow

Barbara Brown said...

I will be out tomorrow.

Susan said...

I will out on Saturday and looking forward to seeing many of you then.

Trish said...

I will be out in the morning. Looking to do 5 or 6k. Want time for coffee with the gang. Need to be home just after 10.

Helen said...

We hope to be out on Saturday. I need the walk!

Sharon KJ said...

I will be out tomorrow and Barb, I will pick you up.

SKJ

Eva said...

I will not be out tomorrow, Saturday.

Susan said...

I will be in Whitby on Monday night at my granddaughter's day care concert (who knew?) and at Doc Soup on Wednesday night. As a result, I'll miss our walks both nights. Enjoy.

Helen said...

If it looks like rain during the walk tonight, we won't be out on Monday evening. Will check back closer to the time.

Leverne said...

It doesn't seem like rain now, so I'll check at 6:10
Leverne

Helen said...

It doesn’t look like we’re going to make it to Loblaws tonight. Stay dry!

Helen said...

Bob and I won't be out tonight/Wednesday. We're picking up our daughter from the airport.

Susan said...

Enjoy your reunion, Helen. Special time...