Thursday 19 October 2017

Walks - Saturday Oct. 21 - Wednesday Oct. 25


Red & White in memory of a great Canadian: Gord Downie RIP
Wednesday's walk took us to city hall to see the sign that was lit for Gord
(I know that some of you are too young to remember the Tragically Hip).

This is race day weekend - best wishes to our Scotiabank folks - there is a very impressive group of Shorethings walking the half marathon including Helen, Bob, Leverne, Jan, Olwyn, Trish, Barb B, Ruth and Cheryl (and Kim?). Dianne B is doing the full marathon - you go girl! Race well. Consider going to cheer on our racers - always appreciated.

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a distance of your choosing. I'm assuming that most of the Scotia folks will use Saturday as a rest day - however, they may join in for coffee on Saturday.

For those training, distances are as follows:
NYC - 26 km - finally taper time - it has been a long haul - race day is in two weeks.
LV - 20 km - 
Mid week distances are 10 and 10 km.

For all racers, the end is in sight - let's git'r done!

Sunday walkers meet at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen St.
Mid-week walkers: Monday at 7:00 pm at Loblaws and Wednesday at 6:30 at Occasions.

To our travellers - enjoy, be safe, bring back stories to tell.
And, to any one who is injured or ill, we send you our best - and, we miss you.


18 comments:

P Dawn said...

can't join you tomorrow. Good luck to the Scotia racers on Sunday.

Barbara Brown said...

i will not be out tomorrow, family visiting. I will be there for Scotia..hoping to finish.

Helen said...

I won't be out on Saturday – will be planting the first of a bajillion bulbs. Looking forward to my last big race of the season! Good luck to us all.

Sharon KJ said...

I will not be out tomorrow. The best of luck to our walkers. No matter where or how you finish, just finish upright and smiling. I will be thinking about all of you.

SKJ

Susan said...

I will be doing my (far too long) taper walk - might see some of you somewhere along my route.

Best wishes to our racers.

Helen - if you need any practice before you plant those bulbs, I have a garden that is just right for practicing on!

Trish said...

I won't be out tomorrow either. Buggered up my knee again and need to give it all the rest I can before Sunday. Hoping to start and hoping to finish. Not sure it will be upright but I will be smiling!

Deanna said...

I will be out in the morning. Barb, do you need a ride?

Anonymous said...

I too will be out for a short distance. Thank Deanna.

Good luck to all the Scotiabank racers - looks like summer weather.

Barb S.

Unknown said...

Great group representing the Shore Things at the Scotia race. Best of luck to everyone. I won't be out tomorrow or the next weekend. See you in November. Where does the time go??

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to all the Scotia walkers..will be thinking of you.
Not sure if I will be out tomorrow..injured husband at home as well as daughter who is minus 2 wisdom teeth today..Nurse Margy may come for coffee!
Margy

Eva said...

I won't be out Saturday. Good luck to the Scotia walkers. Enjoy the last few days of summer weather.
Cheers...

Eva

Anonymous said...

Wow...look at all those Scotia racers...best of luck...have fun! I will not be out tomorrow as I am in Sault St. Marie for a funeral...hope to join you next week, then I am not sure for how long...gingerbread season will be starting soon...Marie I hope your daughter is doing ok...and Rainer I am sure will be better with a few weeks of rest...

Joan said...

Everyone racing tomorrow, have a great race, I will cheer for you but probably not on the route!!

Helen said...

Recovering today after yesterday's half, so won't be at Loblaws tonight. Have a good walk!

Jan said...

Yeah I was thinking about walking tonight but between my aching muscles and the rain forecast I think I'll take it easy tonight.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be taking a break from walking on Wednesday. Hoping the forecast is wrong about Saturday.

Leverne said...

Lynne and I are taking a rest today too
Leverne

Susan said...

okay - me too - I walked earlier