Thursday 11 August 2016

Walks - Saturday Aug. 13 - Wednesday Aug. 17


Join us on Saturday at Tim's. For those training, I suggest we start at 7:00 am; others may choose to start at 7:30 am. In either case, let's try to beat the heat and humidity. Libby is suggesting a route along the water with the hope of catching some cooler breezes.

It has been really difficult to train these past few weeks....some of us need to get ready for a race and Montreal is just weeks away now.

Training Distance for Saturday is 14 kms for both Montreal and Scotiabank. Mid week distances are as follows:  Montreal: 8 km and 10 km;  Scotiabank: 6 km and 6 km.

Some meet on Sunday at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am.
Mid Week at 7:00 pm:  Monday at Loblaws; Wednesday at Occasions.  Please sign in.

Announcement from Libby:  Please check the blog sidebar for updated race dates for 2017. Hard to think of cool weather during this heat wave but Resolution Run December 27th is offering a great jacket this year! Consider signing up before the next price increase October 15.

And, don't forget our Annual Pool Party hosted each year by Lou-Ann and Paul - have you RSVP'd yet? It is a pot-luck on Aug. 20th, starting at 2:00 pm.  Lou-Ann would appreciate hearing from you as soon as possible.




20 comments:

Anonymous said...

7.30 sounds good, I'll be there,
Val

Trish said...

I won't be out Saturday, but have been getting in my distances. Hope you don't get rained out!

Olwyn said...

I plan to be there at 7 on Saturday for 14k! Rain might be nice, actually!

Libby said...

I plan to walk at 7am for 14K. Should thunderstorm occur/be imminent, will consider coming again Sunday for the distance walk. Weatherman has been unpredictable re rain this week so who knows!

Anonymous said...

Helen and I will walk Sunday from Tim's as thunderstorms are still highly likely Saturday, starting at 7. Also makes it easier following my show at Relish tonight (hope to see as many of you as possible there). H and I will be there 7:30ish for dinner.
Bob

Helen said...

Just to clarify Bob's comment: we'll walk from Tim's on Sunday at 7, doing 14K. And we'll be at Relish on Friday at 7:30 for dinner. Let us know if you'll join us. Bob's show starts at 9:30 tonight, but only two sets.

Eileen said...

John and I will be there but not for dinner. See you soon

Susan said...

I will be out on Saturday at 7:00 am for 14 km unless there is a storm. Like Libby if the storm keeps me away, I'll come out on Sunday to Tim's at 7:00 am to get that distance done!

Anonymous said...

I am unable to be walk tomorrow, see you next time.

Sheila

Jan said...

I was planning on walking tomorrow at 7 and will still unless there's a storm - then I'll go out Sunday- don't relish going out in thunder and lightning. I'll check in in the morning.

Kim said...

I'm coming out at 7 for 14 this morning

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Tim's at 7 for 14 on Sunday, just in case anyone missed the walk -- or wants to do it again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! I wanted to give you all the head's up.....I bought a lovely new pair of running shoes this weekend! And.... this morning when I opened my door to leave for work I saw The Shore Things walking by! That was a definite sign that I need to get back and see everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday morning at Tim's. Looking forward to it!
Alexis

Helen said...

Looking forward to seeing you, Alexis! Bob and I walked this morning, so we won't be at Loblaws on Monday night.

Susan said...

I am not able to walk on Monday or Wednesday evenings this week. Kim - I could be tempted for Tuesday or Thursday if you are able to join me either of those nights.

Anonymous said...

Alexis, glad to hear we will see you back soon. I 'm still able to walk in the mornings til the end of the month. See everyone on Saturday.
Leverne

Jan said...

I will be walking tomorrow night if anyone is available - can't go tomorrow morning.

Kim said...

I'm walking tonight (Wednesday).

Jan said...

I'll be at occasions as long as the weather holds out - predicting rain starting at 4pm - I'll check in later.

Helen said...

We walked our 10K this morning. It's 4 pm and the sky looks bright. Hoping you miss the rain! See everyone Saturday.