Thursday 25 August 2016

Walks - Sat. Aug. 27 - Wed. Aug. 31

Goofy Gals
Join us on Saturday at Tim's for the last Saturday walk in August - where did the summer go?

Those training for Montreal need to complete 18 km so I'm suggesting a 6:30 am start and a shady route. Weekday distances are 8 km and 10 km.  Scotiabank folks need to complete 12 km (join us at 6:30 - or choose a later start?). Weekday distances are 8 km and 6 km.

Others may want to start at 7:30 just to avoid the heat and humidity. 
Sign in so that others know your plans.

A big thank you to Lou-Ann and Paul who hosted their annual pool party - a great gathering with lots of excellent food, great friends and good times.

Announcements from Libby: Best of luck Joan who is walking the Women's 10 k. Best luck also to Margy and Rainer who are walking 10 K in the Bayshore Race in Owen Sound.

from Rainer:  Consider the Cavan Country Race on Saturday September 24. A beautiful 10km through the countryside with those fantastic home made Buttertarts and home made baked beans post race. The food alone is worth doing this race. Walkers start at 9:00am with runners starting at 9:45am, Margy and Rainer will be there. All proceeds from the race benefit local charities.

from Eileen: Can anyone make good use of this belt and water bottle?  Let Eileen know - photo below.

Looking foward to seeing you on Saturday.





32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though we are doing 18 I'm fine starting at 7am, but I will go along with the group decision
Leverne

Trish said...

Oh darn! I can't make the 18k this weekend:( I guess that means I don't have any say in start time but would vote for the 6:30 next Saturday for the 20.
Good luck to all those racing this weekend.

Libby said...

Arlene and will be walking from home this Saturday due to an early commitment Saturday. See you next week. Keep cool!

Barbara Brown said...

Hi, I would prefer the 6:30 start, despite the early hour but because of my experience with the heat last week.

It may not be as hot so if everyone wants 7 am, I will do my best!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for 7.30.
Val

Olwyn said...

Like Trish, I can't make the walk this Saturday (too bad, so sad!), but will try to get my distance in when I can. Stay cool everyone!

Anonymous said...

I would also prefer to go earlier to avoid the heat and humidity, and just to get it done sooner!
Lynne

Susan said...

I prefer 6:30 (prefer is really the wrong word) but to avoid the heat and sun like we had last week, I am willing to start at 6:30.

I'll see some of you then.

Helen said...

I'm making the exec decision for both of us and saying that Bob and I would prefer to start our walk at 6:30, for heat and getting-it-over-with reasons. He's trying to plan a shady 18K route that will keep us close to the water. TBD.

Helen said...

For usage of the word "prefer", see Susan's comment.

Lou-Ann said...

I won't be out this week (again...), so glad our annual S.T. pool party was such fun!

Barbara Brown said...

It was WONDERFUL!

Anonymous said...

I will be there at 7:30 for a 6k.

Barb Shand

Ruth said...

Thank you Lou-Ann and Paul.

I'll be out for 6:30. I'm not going to use the word "prefer". I'm not even going to use the word "awake".

Ruth

Jan said...

Looks like we're looking at 6:30 (gulp) so i'll follow the crowd. If we go the regular boardwalk route to the far side of Rosetta McLean we will hit the 18k in the shade. Another option is to do the peanut on the way out, do the Boardwalk as far as Lakeside Dr (just past Warden)then come back regular Boardwalk route. Or we could do the Rosedale route??

Kim said...

I will walk with you at the ridiculously early hour of 6:30 and then sleep for the rest of the day.

Susan said...

Yes, I will walk tonight if I have company - is anyone up for a walk tonight?

Jan said...

I'm in

Kim said...

I'm in.

Joan said...

Is anyone walking tonight from Occasions? I have not walked for ages and need to get moving!

Helen said...

I'll be walking on Wednesday night from Occasions, Joan.

Helen said...

I just noticed the distance tonight is 10K. Would anyone like to start a bit earlier? 6:30?

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight, I will try and do my 10k up and down the stairs at the office!
Lynne

Joan said...

Helen, i can be there for 6.30

Helen said...

Okay, Joan -- watch this space. We'll confirm closer to the start time.

Susan said...

I can walk tonight too - I think it is a bit unfair to switch the time, especially for those who work, race home and expect to join the group at 7:00 pm. Not sure who plans to walk tonight but I do know that Jan and Lynne are not walking.

Helen said...

With Jan and Lynne away, I'm not sure who those people might be on a Wednesday night, Susan, but that's why I asked the question here. Let's see who signs in.

Helen said...

Kim tells me she won't be walking tonight -- she has trial prep.

Anonymous said...

I can be there for 6:30
Leverne

Helen said...

Okay, for those doing the longer walk, we'll say 6:30. Those who want to keep the distance shorter can start at 7. Please sign in if you haven't done so already -- and always check the comments before you head out.

Bob said...

Helen is walking tonight (Wednesday) but I will be walking Thursday for a Montreal-scheduled 10k. Let me know if you want to walk too.

Anonymous said...

...or not ;-)

Bob