Friday 25 March 2016

Walks - Sat. March 26 - Wed. March 30, 2016

Some of Our 14 km walkers

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Various distances are on tap; something for everyone. 
For those training, your distances are as follows:
Good Life- 16K; mid week 8 and 8
KW Half- and Women’s half- 14K; mid week 8 and 10
Niagara women's Half- 12K; mid week 8 and 6 km

Some will walk on Sunday from the Running Room on Queen Street, meeting at 8:30 am.  Sign in to let others know if you plan to join the Sunday walking group - it helps to know who is planning to walk. 

Given that some folks have Monday as a vacation day, I am suggesting a Monday walk from Tim's 2, starting at 9:00 am. (Tim's 2 is at Gerrard and Victoria Park - north east side)

Wednesday evening, meet at Occasions at 7:00 pm.

Sign in please.....it helps.

Announcements: The woman in the middle of the photo above is our newest Grandma - congratulations to Olwyn (and Steve) on the birth of their first grandchild.

The days are getting longer; the weather will be getting better; let's get out and walk.

We have several people who are doing one of our two challenges - Keep up the good work! Spring time is the perfect opportunity to catch up,  make sure you are on track and/or to get a bit ahead.

See you Saturday.

Rocking at the Black Swan




24 comments:

Joan said...

Still in the UK, went for a walk today in Sheffield, a very hilly city, got a tad lost and wound up doing more than planned. Hope to see you all next week

Deanna said...

I will be at Tim's Saturday morning to do the 16K but will not be able to walk on Sunday morning this week. I will be at Tim's 2 Monday at 9am. See everyone tomorrow.

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow, with Cynthia, no less. I'd prefer to be walking inSheffield, however.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Olwyn on the birth of your first grandchild.

A big hello to our UK walker/hiker!

I will not be walking Saturday but will walk Sunday from the Running Room and Monday from Tim's 2.

Sylvia

Eva said...

Congratulations Olwyn. Welcome to the Grandma world, it is an exciting and fun place to be.

Happy Easter. Miss you guys and the walks.
Hope to join you in one of my visits to TO.

Eva

Olwyn said...

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! Being a grandma seems to make the world a better place! I'll be out in the morning for a 16 or 18k; I may need to do my 18 this week, as I can't get out next Saturday. Happy Easter to everyone, especially Eva; hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter everyone!

I will be at Tim's tomorrow.

Barb Shand

Libby said...

Arlene , Ruth and I did our 16k today...congrats to Olwyn.
Plan to see you next Saturday for 18..
Happy Easter to all

Helen said...

Bob has planned a 16K westbound route for Saturday. See you at Tim's.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to all! I plan being at Tim's in the morning...not sure on distance but less than 16K!
Frances

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow for a short walk - my knee is acting up again.
I have to work Monday so wont be out in the morning - also it's our anniversary so won't be out in the evening either.

Susan said...

I'll be out Sat but not sure on the distance.

I'll also plan to be out Sunday and Monday - both mornings.

See you then.

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

Sorry I missed this morning (not really that sorry though), I will be out Monday morning at Tim s 2...Congrat Olwyn and Steve... you both have a new love in your life, it feels so good!

Anonymous said...

I will be out Monday at Tim's 2, provided it isn't raining.

Barb Shand

Helen said...

I'm watching the weather before committing to Monday morning. Seems like when it comes to walking lately the old saying, "There's no bad weather…" should be changed to, "There's only bad weather..." But wasn't Sunday beautiful?

Helen said...

Given that it's raining now and the winds are forecast to pick up when the rain stops this evening, Bob and I won't be out on Monday. Hope to see you Wednesday. How about doing some hills?

Susan said...

I would like to walk - the rain seems to have stopped or almost stopped now - I suspect the day won't get any drier. Anyone else heading to Tim's 2 at 9:00 am? Would love some company....

Susan

Joan said...

Hi All, I am back from the UK and need to walk. Is anyone going tonight from Occassions? Is that the restaurant on Easteood? I will be there.

Susan said...

I am "iffy" for tonight - will be there if possible, but don't wait for me.

Joan - Occasions is the restaurant on the north side of Eastwood - yes. Lots of parking behind.

Susan

Anonymous said...

If it's not raining tonight I hope to be at Occasions.

Lynne

Helen said...

The rain isn't forecast to start till 9, so we should be able to squeeze in 8K tonight. If you only want to do 6K, let me know and Bob and I will walk to and from Occasions to make up our 8.

Please do a rain dance for Saturday, when we have 18K on the books.

Anonymous said...

Helen,
I'm interested in 6k...

Lynne

Joan said...

I am up for 8 Helen

Helen said...

Okay, Lynne and company -- Joan is going to meet us at our place, so we can join you for 6K from Occasions. Anyone is free to join us for the extra two. Let me know if you're interested.