Friday 18 March 2016

Walks - Sat. March 19 - Wed. March 23, 2016

Keeping warm by the fire

Join us Saturday (yes, spring is in the air) at Tim's at 8:00 am. Any distance is good distance. However, for those training, the distance is starting to ramp up. 

GoodLife- 14K
K-W Half and Women😖 Half- 12K
Niagara Women’s Half- 10K

weekday / night distances
GoodLife- 8 and 10K
KW and Women’s Half- 8 and 6K
Niagara Women’s Half- 6 and 6K

Options for walks:
Sunday - some walkers meet at the Running Room on Queen St at 8:30 am - join us.
Evenings at 7:00 pm: Monday - Loblaws; Wednesday - Occasions. The evenings are light now and the roads are dry so be sure to join in.

Sign in to let others know your intentions, especially for the longer walks!

To those who are struggling with health or injury issues, we send you our best wishes.
To those who are travelling, be well and travel safely.

Announcement from Libby: the Mercedes Benz 10k in Oakville. It has a walking division and is local for those interested .  It is Sunday April 24th.....

A few thanks are in order:  
1. Helen has created a round about method to distribute the blog to you - let's see if it works this week.
2. Libby always keeps me on track with the races and training distances.
3. Norma supplied our photos this week; Olwyn is a regular photographer as well. Please send along any photos that you have - I am always in need of photos.

Where's Norma?




20 comments:

Olwyn said...

Great post, Susan; and I love Norma's photos!
I'll be out Saturday at 8 for a 14k for the Goodlife; anyone care to join me?
Also, is anyone else doing the High Park 8k on April 9 (used to be Harry's spring run-off)if so, maybe we can do a brunch after the race.

Joan said...

I am in the UK, walk well and far! Bob great show last week.

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be at Lee Scott's hill class Saturday and planning our long walk (14K) Sunday. We will come to the Beach if anyone else is doing a long walk Sunday. Please post

Anonymous said...

Yes Olwyn, I'm also doing the Spring Run Off on April 9...brunch after sounds great.

I'll be out in the morning at 8 for 8.

See you then,
Sheila

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday for a short walk - need to be gone by 9:00 am and I'll be out on Sunday. I could likely be talked into 14 km on Sunday but I'm not sure that I can begin to keep up with Libby and Arlene......Maybe I could just tag along behind in their dust?

Helen said...

Bob and I have 14K on the schedule this weekend, and I think we'll be doing it on Saturday. Bob and Jan have a couple of routes planned, for those who wish (Libby and Arlene, let them know if you'd like a copy to use on Sunday). See you tomorrow.

P Dawn said...

I am not sure if I'll be at Tim's tomorrow morning. So I may or may not see you all then. In the event that I don't see you, have a great weekend and week.

Libby said...

Janand Bob
Love to have your route . Susan...we will join the 8:30 running room group for our 14.
See some of you Sunday

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Louanne and Paul on their beautiful baby grandson. Louanne, hope your trip to visit is full of joy.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I will not be at Tim's this morning.

Barb Shand

Susan said...

Monday night - anyone walking? I hope so - I need to get out and move.

Susan

Helen said...

We'd like to walk on Monday and have 8K to do. That would be to Rosetta McClain from Loblaws via the short route. Hope we can make it there.

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking this evening.
Lynne

Jan said...

I need to go out also - feeling sluggish. Just wish it was a bit warmer (whine whine whine)!

Susan said...

okay - see you soon. I'll be glad to have some company.

Anonymous said...

See you at Loblaws at 7
Leverne

Helen said...

If it isn't raining, I'd like to walk on Wednesday evening. Bob and I would walk to and from Occasions, giving us 2K to add to an 8K walk with the group. If it starts to rain, I will utter a quiet curse and stay home. Be dry and safe on Thursday, everyone.

Jan said...

Just poked my head out the door - it is raining/freezing raining a bit. I think I am going to be a wimp and stay in tonight - maybe give my stationary bike a workout instead.

Susan said...

Looks like a rainy night so I'll be staying home, I guess.

See you on the weekend.

Susan

Helen said...

Okay, uttering a quiet curse and staying home. See you on Saturday.