Thursday 4 February 2016

Walks - Sat. Feb. 6 - Wed. Feb. 10

Definition of an Hour in New Zealand

This weekend (Sun. Feb. 7) we have our (annual) Shore Things brunch at TKOs.  Therefore, I'm going to suggest a few options for our weekend walk. Select whatever suits you.

Saturday, at Tim's, at 8:00 am

Sunday, option 1, meeting at Helen & Bob's home (parking in the school parking lot) - gather at about 9:15 at Helen's. TKOs is very close by so the walk will end at Tkos in time for brunch.

Sunday, option 2, meeting at the Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30.  There will be a walk which ends up at TKOs. And then, I assume you will walk home again to burn off the calories.

Please sign the blog so that others know when you will be walking.

Distance: Goodlife Half training now begins in earnest. Saturday/Sunday is still a gentle 8K.  Distances this week are 8K Monday and 5k Wednesday.  Others may choose any distance that suits them.

Mid week walks - check the blog as these change from time to time - Monday night at Loblaws (7:00 pm) and Wednesday night at Occasions (7:00 pm).

Announcements from Dawn: TKOs is expecting us for brunch on Sunday at 10:30 - You need to have  registered and paid already. They make a great spread for us - looking forward to the bacon! 

from Trish:  Toronto Waterfront 10 k - Sunday June 25th - Special rate for registering between Feb. 1 - 8, 2016 - only $35 dollars - don't delay - I know some of considering this race - great price. New route this year (used to go south on Yonge St).  Check out this link:  http://www.canadarunningseries.com/toronto10k/tw10DET.htm

from Libby: Race Training
Friendly reminder- your training one day of the week should be Moderate walk- 10 minute warm up and then a faster walk for the remaining distance. The other day should be an Intensity Walk- 10 minute warm up and 7-8 repeats of bursts of speed above normal race pace. Hills are a great option - necessary evil as Arlene says- to be included at least every 2-3 weeks! Saturday(or Sunday should be your long Endurance walk- distance at a moderate pace.

Run for the Toad- October 1 definitely has a walk division and, more importantly, a 12.5 distance category. Great race atmosphere and great food.  Susan's comment: A favourite of mine!

Best of luck to Rainer this weekend in the Hypothermic Half in Sarnia. Unlike other years, the weather promises to be kind. Enjoy the race. We will think of you at brunch!

To all of our injured walkers and those who are not feeling well, we miss you and think of you often. We look forward to your return.

To all our walkers who are travelling (and there are a few), we hope you enjoy your travels.


Really?  I was afraid to board the bus...








29 comments:

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tim's on Saturday morning and at TKO's for brunch on Sunday. Looking forward to that get together.

Brilliant pictures. I particularly ike the length of the hour in NZ..........

Anonymous said...

See you on Saturday at Tim's.
I like those Happy Hours too!
Val

P Dawn said...

sorry - I jumped the gun.... I will NOT be at Tims tomorrow morning, but will be at the brunch.

Charlotte S said...

Are there any other takers for a Saturday walk from Tim's at 8? I plan to be there.

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne will be at Tim's on Saturday

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out tomorrow.
See you at 8.
Sheila

Trish said...

I will see you all at TKO's on Sunday. Looking forward to getting together with the gang.

Stacey said...

Sorry I'm missing TKO's again. Next year can we have it on the second Sunday in Feb? Just being selfish... Susan - I have to know - did you face your fear and get on the bus?

Anonymous said...

I plan to be at Tim's Saturday morning at 8.

Barb Shand

Olwyn said...

Great pix; love the NZ happy 'hour'! I'll be at Tim's at 8 for 8 on Saturday morning, and at TKO's on Sunday for a fun brunch! Looking forward to seeing everyone then!

Susan said...

Not sure if I'll be out on Saturday so don't wait for me - I have to been downtown by 10:00 am so if I come, it will be for a short walk.

Will walk to TKOs on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at there.

Susan

Libby said...

Great photo's Susan! Arlene and I will be at Helen's for a walk before joining everyone for brunch

Helen said...

Bob and Helen will be walking from... Bob's and Helen's on Sunday. Looks like we'll be starting at 9 am. Please email me if you're going to join us. Plenty of room to park before and change after!

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you all for Brunch on Sunday.

Lou-Ann said...

Do you like my American accent/wording...getting my practice in for my visit in a couple of weeks!

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out on Saturday. Sleeping in on Sunday. SKJ

Barbara Brown said...

I will be put in the morning, Saturday, looking forward to getting back!

Ruth said...

I'll be walking from the Running Room tomorrow (Sunday) - trying to make sure I earn my eggs and bacon. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. That handsome bearded guy who seems to follow me around will be coming to TKOs too, though it seems he has no plans to do any walking first.

Ruth

Kim said...

Is anyone walking tonight (Monday)?

Helen said...

If it isn't raining, Bob and I will be walking from home tonight. See you Wednesday.

Susan said...

Kim - I'll be at Loblaws if you're going - please confirm. It will be nippy.

Let's see if any others sign up - Jan and Leverne are away.

Susan

Susan said...

Doesn't look like anyone is meeting at Loblaws - I'll pass too, I guess.

Susan

Helen said...

Bob and I have to do 8K tonight, and I'm not sure if anyone else wants that distance. So our plan is to walk to/from Occasions for the extra 2K roundtrip, and plan a 6K walk with the group. Hope to see you tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'm good for 6K tonight.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tonight, have a meeting downtown. Also may not be out on Saturday given what the temperature is supposed to be...
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Whoops, forgot it's Ash Wednesday today, so I'll be at church tonight.
Hope to be out Saturday morning.

Carol

Helen said...

I'll check back closer to walk time, but if no one else is going to Occasions on Wednesday, we'll walk from home. Let us know what you're up to.

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight, Helen. Have a good walk.

Susan said...

Just got in Helen - so I won't be out tonight - sorry

Susan