Thursday 21 January 2016

Walks: Sat. Jan. 23 to Wed. Jan. 27

A little action from last Saturday's western walk
Still trying to solve the mystery of why our posts have stopped posting to email. Google Help is trying to be helpful, but not succeeding yet. So temporarily (or temporarily, I hope), we will be using a workaround. Let's see if the problem resolves itself when Susan returns to her posting post.

The recent cold snap should lighten up over this week, so let's come out and walk! The road surfaces are pretty good, and no one is in training mode – yet. Let's aim for 8-10K on Saturday (a shorter distance is always just fine for those who prefer) and 6K on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Please sign in as a comment to let others know if you'll be out, or away.

Looks like our groups are growing for the Goodlife Half  and KW Walking Classic in May and for the Montreal Half in September. People doing other races are listed on the interests list. Check that out for inspiration. Please let Libby know what races you've signed up for. You might discover something that others would be interested in, and these events are always more fun with company.

Good luck to the Shore Things this weekend at the Robbie Burns 8K! Eat some porridge for us.

Cherry Beach vignette

21 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at tim's on Saturday morning. Wonderful photos, Helen. Your other 'testing ' photo is stunning also. But it didn't arrive in my inbox (saw it in the blog on Safari).

Helen said...

We'll be out on Saturday, and if the weather is cooperative I would like to aim for 10K. I need the kilometerage.

About the blog posts -- I've burned through Google Help, to no avail, and now am part of a discussion on Blogger Help. We are not the only blog to have suddenly lost our email facility on January 15th. They're gathering info, and will be looking at tech glitches at the highest level. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Meanwhile, we'll have to cut and paste a link for you to click in an email via our Google Group. Emails from that source will now have [shorethings] in the header so you can recognize them in your inbox.

Deanna said...

I will be at Tim's Saturday morning. My hamstring injury has improved but not ready for a 10 k yet. Will do 6k instead.

Olwyn said...

Lovely photos Helen, and good luck getting the 'blog gremlins' sorted out! I'll be out Saturday morning for an 8k; not quite ready for a 10 yet, and I have to work Saturday afternoon ~ fingers crossed for nice weather!

Anonymous said...

I hope to be out Saturday morning for a 6 to 8k

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I'll be out Saturday, and wouldn't mind trying 10k as I also need the kilometerage.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I will be out in the morning and will start out to do 10k....
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I am having a wee problem with low blood pressure after my hospital procedure yesterday so will not make it out tomorrow. Should be out following week.
Frances

Anonymous said...

I'll be skiing tomorrow.

Val

Anonymous said...

I'll be out with the goal of doing 10K.
Carol

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you tomorrow at 8:00, not sure of my distance however, any distance is better than the one I am doing right now! Best of luck to the Robbie folks... have fun... hope you see the man dragging something! Hope you are feeling better soon Frances and Trish...

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the Robbie Burns with Margy, Rainer, and Cheryl on Sunday, so taking a day of rest tomorrow. See you next Saturday.
Sheila

Libby said...

best of luck for the Robbie Burns crowd
I"m in hill class with Lee Scott

Anonymous said...

Will be out for coffee tomorrow..will do my 8k at the Robbie Burns!
Margy

Kim said...

I won't be walking tonight because I am still feeling under the weather.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking from home on Monday. Hope to see you at Occasions on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Helen, Leverne and I will join you and Bob this evening. Shall we meet at your house?
Lynne

Helen said...

Looking forward to a walk tonight from Occasions. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

I will be out tonight Helen
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Me too.
Lynne

Kim said...

Moi aussi