Thursday 6 August 2015

Walks - Sat. Aug. 8 - Wed. Aug. 12


Join us on Sat. at Tim's at 7:30 am. Distances vary depending....New Albany and Corning walkers walk 16K this weekend for their long distance training. Scotia is 12K and Niagara is 10K. Hopefully the weather cooperates and it is not too hot for long walks.  Remember those training love company on their walks. And, as always, distance is always of your choosing. 

Mid-week day time walks are organized by Lou Ann. Evening walks at 7:00 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). Sign in so others know your plans. Weekday training should include at least one 8K walk for most and New Albany 10K.

Announcements - from Rainer - With just slightly more than one month to go before the start of the 11th annual New Albany Walking Classic, preparations are in full force. Sign up and join in the fun on Sept 13th.

from Helen: interesting training article — via the Stellar Runners:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/29/a-way-to-get-fit-and-also-have-fun/?_r=0

from Rainer: update for Cleveland in May 2016 .. early bird specials .... http://www.clevelandmarathon.com/registration/  Nice race , walker category,
Check out these races options. Let Libby know if you decide to sign up.
Lou Ann's generosity is a wonderful treat all summer - thanks, LouAnn
 
See you Saturday.

 
 
 



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Saturday.

Barb Shand

Ruth said...

What a beautiful photo.

I'll be out tomorrow for 16K.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying this nice weather. Although I'm back from vacation I can't make it out tomorrow but I'm planning on joining very soon!
I'm so interested in registering for a 2016 marathon.....Cleveland looks very tempting! Is anyone interested? I need the commitment to get this butt moving!
Alexis

Anonymous said...

I hope to join the group tomorrow - I said that last week and then decided to sleep in - time to redeem myself.

Alexis - you might convince me,...

Susan

Helen said...

See you all Saturday at 7:30 for 10K.

Jan said...

Hmm weather does not look promising for this evening. If it's raining I won't be going out.

Helen said...

No, weather radar map doesn't look promising for Monday night. Will check again later.

Anonymous said...

going to pass tonight - slight drizzle now -

Susan

Helen said...

Jan and I will be walking from our street Tuesday morning at 7:30.

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking Wednesday night - sorry to miss everyone.

Susan

Helen said...

Bob, Jan and I walked on Wednesday morning this week, so we won't be out tonight.

However, Trish has organized a group walking on Thursday evening at 6:30 pm from Occasions this week (in case the evening walkers want to shift by a day -- or walk two days in a row).