Thursday 14 May 2015

Walks - Sat. May 16 - Wed. May 20

Again, she does us proud!
Join us Sat; at 8:00 am; at Tim's. The one race left for spring training is the Women’s Niagara. Distance is 20K but the gang may do a shorter distance- 16 or 18K. The rest of us will just walk a distance of our choosing on Saturday.
Rainer and Margy did us proud at the KW Walking Classic last Sunday with Rainer coming first in his age category yet again with a time of 1:14. Well Done!
Norma, David, Ruth and Libby laboured in the heat of the Sporting Life 10K along with 33,000 others. It was a challenge just to finish with the crowds and humidity!
Monday walk - I'll suggest Tim's 2 at 8:30 for 5-10 k.
Wednesday walk - back to the regular routine - Occasions at 7:00 pm.
 
Thanks to Olwyn for organizing and hosting a great Opera event, again.
 
Announcements:  Kim wants to know if there is any interest in working with Lee Scott - a one session "tune up" or a several week session here in the Beach. Connect with Kim or use the blog to connect.
 
Fall race training for New Albany starts up mid June.
Please let Libby know of any races you have signed up for or any you are considering.
 


24 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at Tim's tomorrow morning at 8.00 for as yet undecided distance.

Libby said...

Greg, Arlene and I plan to be at Tim's for 8.

Helen said...

Congratulations, all you racers! Bob and I will be at Tim's at 8 for 8-ish. I'll be trying to shake gardens out of my head briefly.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's for 8 - happy to celebrate the beginning of a long weekend.
Susan

Olwyn said...

Congrats to all of our racers; well done! I'll be walking tomorrow, but not from Tim's ~ wishing everyone a wonderful long weekend!

Ruth said...

Yay, Rainer and Margy.

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at 8.

Ruth

Trish said...

I will be walking tomorrow with Eva and Olwyn, doing 16k leaving early. Hope to join the gang on Monday.

Anonymous said...

I'm away until Tuesday. Have a good walk and long weekend everyone.
Sheila

Sharon KJ said...

I'm going to pass on tomorrow but hopefully will see everyone Monday morning.

Enjoy the walk and the long weekend!

SKJ

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be walking Sunday or Monday. Congrats to all last week's racer!! Happy "24" weekend my friends!

Kim said...

Lee Scott has offered a six-week power walking training course on Saturdays in the beaches this fall. Each session is 90 minutes long, starting at 10 a.m., and the cost for the course is $120 plus HST. Dates of the sessions are Sept. 19 and 26, Oct. 3, 10, 17 and 24. We need at least six people who will commit in order for Lee Scott to give the course. You can pay by credit card on Lee Scott's website. Would anyone who is interested please let me know?

Thank you.

Jan said...

I'll be out this morning at 8 for 8ish

Anonymous said...

Hello Ladies! It's Rubi from the Toronto Goodlife Half Marathon :) I've been trying to find your email address so that I could send you the photos I took from our great walk, but I must be blind because I can't find it. Can someone help me out?
I hope you are all having a wonderful long weekend and getting out for some great walks :D
Rubi Willows

Helen said...

Hi, Rubi! I've added our email in the left column.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking Monday morning - 8:30 at Tim's ?

I plan on being there if others are walking.

Susan

Helen said...

Bob and I hope to be walking Monday morning, Susan, and I think Sharon and a couple of others have said they were coming too. See you at Tim's 2 at 8:30, if the weather man is right about the rain holding off for that brief period.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Helen. I'll be there.
Susan

Jan said...

I'll be out too for a shortish walk - I'm thinking 8ish??? See you at 8:30

Trish said...

I'll be there!

Anonymous said...

Wed. night, I plan to walk from Occasions(traffic permitting). Anyone else?

Susan

Anonymous said...

I won't make it after all - still in Burlington. Don't wait for me.

Susan

Helen said...

We plan on walking. See you at Occasions at 7.

Kim said...

I'll be walking tonight.

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight