Friday 29 August 2014

Walks: Sat. to Wed., Aug. 30 to Sep. 3

Smiling faces at the finish, Toronto Women's 10K
Oh, so many pictures we could be showing this week – but you'll have to wait for our calendar to see how many I can squeeze in! Here's just a few.

This Saturday, starting at 7:30 (long distance) or 8 am (ordinary mortal distance) from Tim's, New Albany and Scotia schedules say 12K, and while 16K is on the books for Corning, Bob did that last Saturday and I'm not quite ready. So we'll swap a couple of weeks and do 14K – should anyone wish to join us. Whatever your route, come out and share good company.

Monday and Wednesday, the New Albany crowd is in taper, with that mere 6K and 5K. Corning: 8K and 8K. Scotia: 8K and 6K.

No one has sent me any weekly tidbits, so if you have anything to add, put it in the comments. See you Saturday!

The only bare-chested firefighter we saw on the course.
Ending our post with aplomb!

20 comments:

Ruth said...

What a great looking bunch of racers, and still smiling at the end.

Arlene and I will be at Tim's at 7:30 tomorrow for something between 12 and 14K.

I'm planning to join Lee and the WOW walkers on Sunday for Open Streets. Hopefully the rain will be over in time for a nice walk.

Ruth

Joan said...

Looks like everyone has been working really hard, well done.
I am hoping to make it out tomorrow morning for 8am but I will be out very late tonight at a concert, not sure I can burn both ends of the candle. However, I will be out Sunday Ruth for the Open Streets see everyone there I think at 8.15.

Trish said...

I won't be out this Saturday. Hoping to walk with Cheryl on Sunday weather permitting.
Have a great long weekend everyone.

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out on Saturday, have a wonderful long weekend. all!

Helen said...

Silly me! I'm out of practice! Forgot about the long weekend… so if anyone prefers to walk Monday morning rather than evening, speak up here. 8:30 at Tim's 2?

P Dawn said...

I won't be walking this weekend as my body isn't ready for it yet. Maybe by next week.

Eileen said...

I plan to walk Saturday at 8am
Thank you Ruth for volunteering at the Midsummer Run!
I won't be walking Monday but plan to be out Wed night.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there tomorrow at 8 am, hoping somebody is willing to walk with me,

Val

Sharon KJ said...

I plan to be out for 7:30 tomorrow and out again on Monday morning, weather permitting.

Enjoy the long weekend everyone!

SKJ

Charlotte S said...

I plan to be out tomorrow morning at 8, so Val & Eileen it may be just us. Also Monday at Tim's 2 sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Lynne and I will be there for 8.00 am Saturday and 8.30 am Monday at Tim's 2. Frances

Joan said...

I am planning on meeting on Monday morning at 8.30 at Tim's 2, see you there

Helen said...

We'll be at Tim's 2. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I plan to walk Wednesday night at Occasions. Anyone else? I'll check blog when I get home from work.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I plan to walk Wednesday night at Occasions. Anyone else? I'll check blog when I get home from work.

Susan

Trish said...

I plan to be out tonight. Eileen and I are making a market stop on our way over.

Jan said...

I plan to be out tonight

Helen said...

See you at 7 at Occasions.

Anonymous said...

Change of plans....have an open sore on heel and think it wise to let it heal (ha, ha, ha) before putting closed in shoes on it (again)....won't be out...please don't wait.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Not going to make it out tonight, see you Saturday.

Frances