Friday 6 June 2014

Walks: Sat. to Wed., June 7 to 11

This should tell you where my head is at right now.
I'm late, for a very important… blog. No excuses. But here's some nice things to look at in a lightning message, to give you a place to sign in for the next three walks.

First, no distances to speak of, as the New Albany racers are just kicking into gear with their training. 8K on Saturday, and 5K and 8K on Monday and Wednesday, if you're counting.

Next, congratulations to these gals for their wonderful performance beside the Falls. Well done!

Great showing at the Finish Wine at the Niagara Women's Half!
Thirdly, the east end is having a gigantic yard sale this Saturday. Notable will be the street sale along Barker Avenue, says Eileen. Get out your pennies and make room for some treasures.

Finally, at least I think it's finally, two dates to mark on your calendar:

One is June 21, when Bob is trying to arrange a walk and brunch on the Island. We'd like to pre-purchase books of tickets to avoid the line-up, probably aiming for the 9 am ferry to Ward's with brunch at The Rectory. Numbers would help. Let him know who's interested in the comments.

Another is the annual Coxes' (aka Saints') pool party – let Lou-Ann know your preference of the two dates in August, asap. I'm guilty myself. Sorry, Lou-Ann!

Anyone registered for any new races, let me know. And that's, that's, that's, that's, that's all, folks.

20 comments:

Joan said...

Hi All, not sure about the morning yet, have a very full weekend, a walk would be good but have to see. I will not be at the island walk and brunch darn, wedding shower that day for my daughter in law to be and her family is all staying here from out of town, there goes my time.
Joan

Joan said...

That all said, don't wait for me!

Lou-Ann said...

I will be there in the morning and Helen/Bob I would love to walk the Island and brunch this year. I couldn't last year so am looking forward to it, thanks for organizing.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I will see you tomorrow at 8 for 8...not able to make the Island walk/brunch...sorry to miss it.

Sheila

Helen said...

We'll be at Tim's for 8 at 8.

Charlotte S said...

Ditto re Lou-Ann's comments. The island sounds great, not that I have a ton of time these days!

Anonymous said...

I plan coming out tomorrow morning (Saturday) and a yes for the island and brunch on June 21 so count me in please.
Frances

Ruth said...

I'll be out tomorrow too.

Sadly, I won't be here on the 21st :-(

Ruth

Barbara said...

I will be there this morning and would love to join the island group. Great idea!

P Dawn said...

I'll be there this morning and wold love to do the Island and brush on the 21st.

Olwyn said...

I'd love to do the island and brunch on June 21st. Won't be out this week, visitor still here...

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! Helen......your head is in a beautiful place these days ;) Bob...please add me to the list for June 21st!
I won't make it out today or Wed. but really hoping to see you all on Sat. at Tim's!
Alexis

Anonymous said...

Leverne, Lynn and I will be out tonight, Loblaws at 7.
Frances

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight

Helen said...

Bob & I will be at Loblaws at 7

Eileen said...

Eva and I will be at Occasions tonight, weather permitting.

Yes! I would love to join the Island walk and brunch.

Helen said...

I'd very much like to be out Wednesday, weather permitting. Will check in closer to our usual time.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight.
Frances

Helen said...

Weather report says rain supposed to start at 7 pm in East York. Grrrrrr. Anyway, Bob's running late, so if you go and we're not there, don't wait… we'll see you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

We're going to give it a shot
Leverne