Thursday 16 January 2014

Walks - Sat. Jan. 18 - Wed. Jan. 22

Tim's on an icy day
 
Surely we will have better weather for walking this week!  Last week, some braves souls headed out in very slippery conditions while a few others just enjoyed coffee and conversation.  Distances for this week start to reflect training for the Chilly Half.
 
We meet on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. For those doing the Chilly Half, 14 km is your training distance. Any distance that suits the rest of you is just fine. I'll suggest between 6-10 km just to get the conversation started. Come and join us Dianne, so that we can hear about your first marathon - congratulations on your great time.
 
Week days walks - Daytime walkers connect through Dawn for your Monday and Wednesday outings. Evening walkers (we need a few more people to join us) meet on Monday at Loblaws and Wednesday at Occasions. Both start at 7:00 pm. Usually 6-8 km is just fine. However, those training for the Chilly Half need to do 8 and 10 km during the week. Please sign in on the blog to let others know if you'll be out.
 
Announcements:
from Libby: Chilly Half - Arlene and Elaine are signed up for this. Anyone else? The training for KW starts February 3rd. Are there other race interests? Please mention your ideas to Libby.
Is anyone else interested in the Edge2Edge in Tofino in June?
 
from Dawn: Brunch at TKOs is Sunday Feb. 2nd and costs $18 - payable in cash, to Dawn, in advance. She'll be collecting names and cash on Saturday. TKOs does a great spread for us.
 
Not sure who deserves credit for the photos this week. 

See you Saturday.
 


21 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

Beautiful pictures posted Susan! I will be at Tim's for 8:00 for whatever distance moves me.

Helen said...

Need to get those legs in gear, so I'll be there Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to rejoining everyone in two weeks... away next Saturday but see you the following one at Tim's at 8:00.

Dianne

Anonymous said...

I'll be there Saturday - Leverne

P Dawn said...

I won't be at TIm's tomorrow but will see everyone next week (25th)/ That will also be my last TKO brunch collecting $ so if you haven't paid up by then, I'll be looking for you.

There is also still a few spaces available if you are interested in joining us.

Trish said...

I plan to be out in the morning. Weather looks promising. OK at least reasonable. Like Helen, need to get these legs in gear.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there and this week, I intend to walk.
Susan

Sharon KJ said...

We walked last week and so it should be just as doable tomorrow.

I've been allowed to borrow the car for tomorrow, Leverne.

SKJ

debbie said...

Cool photos, Susan!
I'll be at Tim's for 6 km.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to post..I'm on my way.
Sheila

debbie said...

Darn-slept in too late - will go to the gym instead.

Helen said...

Jan and I have a photo class tonight, so walked on Monday morning. Have a safe walk -- it'll be chilly.

Also, a number of the Wednesday night regulars are interested in switching back to our old Shoppers Drug Mart location for the wintertime (keeping Occasions for hill training when it's less slippy). Let us know if you'd like to join us there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ladies, Back from my trip but did not get in until 1.30 am this morning due to airline delays! Will not be out tonight or Wednesday. Hope to make it out Saturday.
Frances
PS Happy to change to Shoppers for Wednesdays.

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne, are not walking tonight, brrrr
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Not walking either....despite my good intentions....partly due to lack of companionship and partly due to the cold temperatures.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Is there anyone walking tonight?

Kathleen

Helen said...

No one has commented yet on the switch back to Shoppers for winter Wednesdays? Anyone coming out tonight, and where would you like to start?

Anonymous said...

I would love to walk but I will go outside and see how cold it feels first. I can go either place.

Kathleen

Eileen said...

I'd love walk tonight.
Could we make it Shoppers?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll come tonight. Sounds like a few want to switch location - easier for me to walk from home.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne are passing tonight. Se you guys on Saturday.
Leverne