Wednesday 20 March 2013

Walks: Sat-Wed, March 23 to 27

Yes, she's excited to be home – and we're happy she's here
We're glad to welcome Jan (and, of course, Ray) back into our midst. Tonight, Denise, Jan and I did a brisk 8K for the first day of spring. It felt good.

Saturday, the race trainees have 13K on their schedule. 13K? Already? Apparently so. If the weather is fine, the boardwalk or spit might be our best bets.

Monday it's 8K and Wednesday it's 10K. (And a heads-up that the following Saturday, which is Easter weekend, the trainees have, gasp, 16K… and the Niagara Falls racers begin their training schedule in earnest with 10K. Let's think ahead to how we want to burn off a few chocolate eggs.)

Wishing those celebrating Passover a joyous festival. And to all Shore Things, a happy spring!

13 comments:

debbie said...

YAY! Welcome back, Jan and Ray! Ain't no place like home!

I'll be out Saturday for 6-8 km.

Looking forward to seeing you, Jan!

Ruth said...

I'll second Debbie's sentiments.

Yikes. OK, I'll see you on Saturday for a 13K walk.

Ruth

Libby said...

Welcome home Jan! See you all next week as Greg and I are skiing in Zermatt! Cross training!

Trish said...

I won't be out Saturday. Walking from my place on Sunday - 8k with at least 1 hill.

Lou-Ann said...

We are all very happy you are back Jan and Ray!
Kind of liking Libby's cross training!
I will be out on Saturday for a bit of distance I guess.

Anonymous said...

I plan to be at Loblaws on Monday night and I hope some of you will be joining me there. I'll check the blog before heading out tonight.
Susan

Jan said...

I should be out - I have no excuse not to be.....except laziness.

Anonymous said...

I am able to do a walk this evening. I'll see you at 7.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

wonderful - see you soon

Susan

Helen said...

We hope to be at Loblaws for 8K or thereabouts. Not sure about the look of those clouds, though.

Jan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I plan on going out.

Helen said...

Hoping to be out, too. Looks like the r**n held off. Did I just jinx us?

Helen said...

Leverne has cancelled, so Bob, Jan and I will be walking from home on Wednesday. See you Saturday.