Thursday 17 January 2013

Walks: Sat-Wed, Jan. 19-23

Olwyn's lovely shot of the misty Spit
Boy, I feel out of the loop, having missed a week of walking, mostly thanks to our tank – very dead water heater, that is. Six days without hot water makes me extra grateful for a hot shower. But that's all behind us now, and I'm eager to get back on my feet.

Come out Saturday for 8K or thereabouts; Monday and Wednesday for 6K or so.

Looking at Olwyn's picture, I hope you know about the Shore Things photo workshop that Olwyn, Eileen and myself will be holding on February 10th. If you want to get more from your photos, contact our organizer Barbara B. It would help us tailor it to your needs if you'd tell us in advance what kind of tips you're looking for. We three are meeting on Jan. 27th to plan our workshop.

Nothing else I know of to be announced, but I'm sure you'll set me straight in the comments if I'm wrong. As always, please sign in to let each other know if we will (or won't) be walking.

Does January seem to be zipping by to anyone else? The days are getting longer, but faster, too!

17 comments:

P Dawn said...

lovely photo, Olwyn. And it was a beautiful day to be walking on the spit.

Glad you can shower again, Helen....

I'll be at TIm's on Saturday morning.

Ruth said...

Looks like it is going to be positively balmy (relatively speaking) tomorrow. I'll bet out as well.

Thank you for the picture, Olwyn.

Trish said...

I plan to be out in the morning unless the rain comes early. Snow I can deal with.

Trish said...

I plan to be out in the morning unless the rain comes early. Snow I can deal with.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out too. See you then.
Susan

Helen said...

Looking forward to it after nearly a week of being housebound! See you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Planning to bundle up & walk tonight. Hope to see some of you there.
Susan

Helen said...

I hope to be out, dressed for the weather. And wearing a little BodyGlide to protect the old cheeks from windchill (Vaseline works, too).

Jan said...

It is cccccold out - bundle up. I plan to be out if it doesn't get too much colder

Helen said...

Change of plan for tonight. Bob and I are picking Sam up at the airport. I thought his flight was later, but it's right in the midst of our walk time. See you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Jan - I'm home now but will only come tonight if you are definitely going to be there....so far, it looks like you & me.

If you think you'll pass, let me know & I may go earlier in the hope that it is less frigid.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Monday night - a few of us will be there - the more the merrier....please join Jan & Leverne & me.
Susan

Jan said...

Anyone crazy enough to go out tonight?? The forecast is for -11.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight..toooo cold. If the temp is warmer on Saturday see you then!

Lynne

Helen said...

I'm being tempted to stay home. Are there any takers for a frigid Wednesday stroll?

Olwyn said...

I'm still at work so I won't be out tonight (Wed). Probably not Saturday morning, as I'm well into opera mode right now and will be working until midnight on Friday; what's with Wagner and his 5-hour operas anyway?!?

Jan said...

It's official - I am not walking tonight! I know there's no such thing as bad weather but.....