Friday 5 October 2012

Walks: Thanksgiving weekend & Wed. Oct. 10

Toad-ally ready for a long weekend!
Congratulations to Bob on his first-place male finish at the Toad trail race. He came in nearly a full hour faster than Jan and I! And Ruth "only" beat us by 40 minutes. We had perfect weather for it; unfortunately, we were dressed for imperfect weather. A good reminder for our upcoming Detroit races: dress for 10˚C warmer than the forecast. You will warm up.

I won't even tell the Detroit Full Marathoners what to do on Saturday, as they've already decided on 35K, starting at 6:30 am. The Detroit Half Marathoners have only 18K on their schedule. 7 am is the time Sharon told me, so I'll go with that.

Won't you all be glad when race season is over and we can get back to regular human-being distances and times? Some of you are already doing that, setting your own distance, starting at 8 am. Please sign in to tell us what it is.

Holiday Monday, we usually have a morning option, starting from Tim's 2 (Gerrard at Vic Park). The half marathoners have 10K to do; the full marathoners, 16K. Anyone else is welcome to join us for less. Shall we have a vote for starting time? I'll suggest 8:30 am, to give us at least the illusion of sleeping in. Feel free to overrule me, one way or another, by signing in.

With the Detroit races only two weeks away, on Wednesday, we'll do one last set of hills. Distances, technically are: Detroit full, 6K; Detroit half, 10K. Yes, I have that the right way around.

Happy birthday to our sometimes-walker Carole. Hope your concussion is healing after the Toad. It was a rooty course, with many opportunities to take a flyer.

To all of you, a Happy Thanksgiving. Eat lots of turkey and get stuffed with stuffing. Most of all, I hope we all continue to have much to be thankful for. I know I'm thankful for the Shore Things!

13 comments:

Olwyn said...

I'm thankful for the Shore Things too! I won't be out Saturday or Monday; I'll be away getting stuffed! (!) Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving...gobble..gobble...

P Dawn said...

I;ll be at Tim's at 8.00 on Saturday for 10k. I did my 18k on Wednesday.

Not sure about Monday yet, but will try to be there at whatever time. If I'm not there, please don't wait for me.

Helen said...

Bob & I will be there at 7 for 18K on Saturday.

Lou-Ann said...

Wishing all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I will not be out on Saturday or Monday. I hope to do some kind of walk, in Cobie, but if I don't maybe it is because I ate too much and can't move!!!

Trish said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I won't be joining the Monday crew. We get my walking in with Hannah as we head out to look for apples, wine and/or fall colours. Have a great day!

Trish said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I won't be joining the Monday crew. We get my walking in with Hannah as we head out to look for apples, wine and/or fall colours. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I am game for a Monday walk but I don't see too many sign-ups. I'll check back before I leave tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Lord knows that we have a lot to be thankful for.

SKJ

Helen said...

Bob & I plan to be at Tim's 2 on Monday at 8:30, Sharon. See you there.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at tim's at 8:30
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Ruth and I are heading out earlier, 7:30 am, with the hope that we will return about the same time as the rest of the group.

May see you then. And, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Susan

Trish said...

I am aiming to be out Wed for out last set of hills. Working on Cheryl and Eva.

Anonymous said...

It is possible, but unlikely that I be out on Wednesday. I have a late afternoon meeting which likely means I won't be home on time to walk with the group. May see you or I may do hills at home.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I won't be out this evening.

SKJ