Friday 1 June 2012

Walks: Sat to Wed, June 2-6

The wisteria in bloom at Rosetta McClain
Let's keep Saturday's start time 8 am this week, as it looks like we have a break in the weather thanks to the cooling effect of Friday's rain.

Detroit full marathoners have 13K on their schedule on Saturday. As no one has volunteered a route, I'm suggesting the Spit. Full marathoners go straight out to the lighthouse and then take the curved route back. To the rocks is 8K, to the lighthouse and straight back is 12K. As always, your distance is your own decision – feel free to join us for less, or more!

Monday and Wednesday, we'll keep it to 8K, weather permitting. The forecast seems to have a lot of raindrops in it! (Gardens are thanking the rain gods.)

A few of us are doing the Alfie Shrubb 8K on Sunday. Good luck to us!

Sunday is also the Cabbagetown garden tour. Thanks to Charlotte for the link. Bring your brolly.

We have a lot of June babies in our group. Happy birthday wishes to the first two, Trish & Susan.

I'm sure you'll remind me of all the other things I should be reminding you of. Stay dry!

13 comments:

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow and if the weather is ok I want to do the 13 - I've been a slug this week and need the kilometers.

Eileen said...

Hi Everyone,
I've been MIA for awhile now but hope to get back to Saturday walks soon. Dad has been in the hospital for a month and will probably be there for another 2 maybe 3 weeeks. Things are looking up however and I look forward to him getting settled in his new retirement home.

Keep up the k's and see you all soon.

Lou-Ann said...

Wishing the Alfie group a good "Sun day". I'm sorry to hear your dad has not been well Eileen, I'm thinking of you. I will be out on Saturday, not at this point the mileage I'm doing.
Great picture Helen!

Anonymous said...

I may possibly be out for a short walk tomorrow, but will not be doing the Alfie as I am recovering from ear, sinus and chest infections.. all in one go!
Rainer is in a baseball tournament all day tomorrow so won't be out, but he will I think be doing the 8k in the Alfie.
Eileen, all the best to your Father.
Margy

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow, see you at 8:00,
Sheila

debbie said...

Margy, hope you feel better soon.

Eileen, we've missed you....best wishes to your dad for a full recovery.

I'm off on a one-day bus trip to lilac country tomorrow, so will miss the walk.

See you next week!

Trish said...

I won't be out today. Drowning in paper work. Reports and course work. Trying to be out from under for next Saturday. Hope the puddles aren't too big. Stay dry!

Helen said...

Hope to be out Monday night, if it isn't raining.

Helen said...

Silly me! I just remembered that I won't be out on Monday due to another commitment. Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Helen said...

According to the animated weather map, the rain might just pass us by during walk time on Wednesday. Anyone willing to risk it? Hoping to get in my mileage.

Jan said...

I also need the mileage so I plan to come out as long as that black cloud to the west either passes us by or blows away

Anonymous said...

I'll walk if it's not raining at 6:45.
Leverne

Helen said...

That big clap of thunder has Jan and I decided: we're walking on Thursday morning instead. Leaving about 7 am from our street. Let us know if you'd like to join us.