Thursday 24 May 2012

Walks: Sat-Wed, May 26-30

Olwyn would like to invite you to the Canterbury Creative Arts Show and Sale next weekend, May 31 to June 2, which includes her own lovely photographs. Details in the poster.

For this weekend and the days to come, here are the details.

Saturday, let's stick with an 8 am start. This is an alert, though, that we'll soon (possibly next week) move to an earlier start time (likely 7:30, at first), to beat the summer heat.

I'm suggesting 11K*, along the boardwalk to Silver Birch, but adding the "the peanut" on the way out (that's in one direction only). If you prefer 14K*, follow the same route back (doing the peanut twice). For 8K, skip the peanut entirely, and do the boardwalk to Silver Birch. And, of course, you can always do less. Let common sense and your body be your guide.

*Actually "and a bit".

What is "the peanut" you ask? It's that blobby-shaped route around the south side of Ashbridge's Bay. A detail is below.



Monday and Wednesday, I'm looking for new routes. Last night, we accidentally did 9.25K, but it was pleasant and went quickly. C'mon, Shore Things: be the change of scenery you wish to see in the world!

8 comments:

P Dawn said...

'the blobby bit' - I learn new words every day.

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow and might be up for the peanut. I'll make that decision tomorrow morning.

See you then.

P Dawn said...

It's me again. I may not be able to join you in time for the walk, but will try to join you for coffee afterwards.

Libby said...

I plan to be out at 8 for a "peanut" walk

debbie said...

I'll be there for 11 km!

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday, however I will be thinking of you, enjoy your "peanut" walk!

Anonymous said...

Having walked over 78 km at Disney World during the last 6 days, what's another 8, 11 or 14 Km? We'll see you in the morning.

Sharon

Helen said...

Looks like my rides are both tied up for Wednesday night, so I'll walk from home tonight. See you Saturday.

Maureen said...

Sharon not walking tonight so I'll do my own thing from home. Should be out Saturday.