Thursday 29 March 2012

The Shore Things 10K, and much more

Smiling faces at the Shore Things 10K 2011
Sunday is our big Shore Things 10K event. Rainer, Marg and all their elves have been working hard to make it a success, so it will be another fun day. Our start time is 8:30 am on Sunday, at the entrance to the Spit. Please show up by 8:15 to get your bib and make that last porta-potty visit. You know you want to! Sunday is April Fool's Day, too, so if you have something "foolish" to wear, please do!

Our route is straight down the Spit towards the lighthouse, cross the bridge, around the lighthouse, and back the same way. There will be refreshments at the half-way point. Porta-potties are also on the route.

An update from Dawn:
1. We have space for brunch at TKOs (from 10:30) if additional people are interested - and, if so, they should let Dawn know ASAP.  Currently, 36 people are signed up. Lou-Ann will be collecting the $17 at the restaurant, as our accountant is on disability. 
2. Some of us will be walking from Tim's on Saturday morning at the usual 8am time if anyone wants to join us. The Bermuda people are hoping to do 16K (help....). Some of the volunteers for the ST 10K might be interested. Some others might want to do two days. Or maybe not!!!
Monday and Wednesday: Let's say 8K, unless otherwise stated. If you need a shorter/longer route, please let me know.

Happy birthday to our first April baby, Sheilah! Have a lovely day, girl.

17 comments:

Jan said...

I'm sorry to be missing this event - I'll be thinking of you all as we "hop-on-hop-off" the bus in London. Hope the weather is great.

BTW for any of you frustrated by lack of weight loss, although I haven't lost much weight since starting the challenge (6 pounds for 480 kms!) I have been measuring - I have lost inches everywhere - something to give me hope!

P Dawn said...

I'll be at TIm's on Saturday morning, hopefully to do 16k. However, if it rains or snows,...............

Eileen said...

I won't be out Saturday but will see you all bright and relatively early on Sunday - still thinking about how to dress 'foolishly' for the race :)

Lou-Ann said...

Love your comment Eileen (foolishly)!
Will be out Saturday...however like Dawn says if it rains or snows...
Jan and Ray have a wonderful holiday!.

Libby said...

I believe I will walk in the north end tomorrow (Saturday)
See you all Sunday

debbie said...

Won't be out Saturday, but looking foeward to our big day Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I will be walking Saturday, as I have some distance to make up. And, will be out Sunday too.

Susan

Trish said...

I won't be out Saturday. Did my 16k tonight so I could wrap some gifts tomorrow morning. 5 more k and I will have made 200 for the month - still have some to make up for Feb.
Looking forward to some foolish fun on Sunday. Doing a sun dance as I type.

Anonymous said...

I'm up! and will be there at 8:00 for 16k, see you soon,
Sheila

Stacey said...

Thank you everyone for a very fun, little bit wet, morning. Thanks as well to the organizers for making this happen! See you all hopefully next week.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks to all for the event yesterday. Well done.

I'll be at Loblaws at 7:00 pm tonight. Anyone else?

Susan

Helen said...

Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers – and, of course, participants – for yesterday's race. That tot of Bailey's was inspired!

Unfortunately, what little I did *over*did it yesterday, and I have a doc's appointment this aft. I hope to be back walking with you soon, but not on Monday. Enjoy this lovely seasonal weather.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone going tonight....???
I'll check again at 6:30 & hope that someone(s) will walk.

Susan

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful night for a walk! Alas, L'il Blue (my daughter's car) is no longer working. So, that means you may not be seeing me during the week any time soon.

To whomever makes it out tonight, enjoy.

Sharon

Trish said...

I won't be out Wed. as I am part of the gang training with Lee. Just wanted to put a bug in peoples ear about the possibility of walking Monday morning for those who have the day off.

Anonymous said...

I would be able to walk Monday morning but not before 10 am.

Kathleen

Helen said...

Forgot that tonight is Doc Soup night, so many of our Wednesday regulars might be absent, myself included.

When I post for the weekend, I'll ask who wants to walk on Monday.