Wednesday 4 January 2012

Walks: Saturday, Jan. 7 to Wed. Jan. 11

Hair of the Dog 2012, wet winning walkers (Top 4 women, top 2 men)
Despite the downpour for the Hair of the Dog 9K on January 1st, Rainer was second male and Margy third female against some very stiff competition. A great beginning to the new year. Congratulations.

For our sixteen 2012 Challengers (more info here), our goal will be to make klicks while the sun shines. How about 10K on Saturday, along the boardwalk to the Neville Park loop? Don't be tempted to over-train. After setting this lofty goal, we'd hate to find ourselves out of commission due to over-enthusiasm.

On Monday, we can repeat last Monday's 7.25K, perhaps varying the direction. On Wednesday, let's do this 8K route, but going in the reverse of our usual direction.

Any groups forming for the extra distances, please mention your time/place in the comments. It might be convenient for others to join you.

Anyone wanting to do the Detroit Half, rates nearly double after Jan. 7th (from $45 to $75), so zip over here to register, toot sweet. Four of us are now confirmed for the International Half, Competitive Walk.

Last call for jacket embroidery. I'll need your jacket/hat by this weekend.


To our flurry of birthday girls – Alisa, Olwyn and Jan – we hope you're treated like the special gals you are on your special days.

And to our Disney Queens, this weekend you deserve to hold your heads extra high (as difficult as it might be with all those medals).

16 comments:

Ruth said...

Congratulations, Rainer and Margy. The great thing is that you can recognize Margy by her shoes, even in the tiny picture in Lee's newsletter :-)

Jan said...

Anyone planning on walking downtown tomorrow morning? I have to go to 123 Edward Street (Dundas & University) and depending on the route it is 7-7.5K so I thought it would help me get my mileage in

Helen said...

Bob & I want to go down to the Running Room, so we'll postpone our trip today and walk down with you tomorrow, Jan. What time?

Trish said...

I plan to be out Saturday morning. Have clocked 29.15K so far this week. Hoping for an extra 1 or 2 today.
On my walk this morning I saw an owl in the trees at Mt.Pleasant and Merton. Then in the cemetary I saw a flock of about 16 very chubby Robins - not sure what this says about the weather.

Eileen said...

I'll be out Saturday morning for an 'easy' 10km.

Also, Trish and I will generally be walking from her place at Bayview and Eglinton on MONDAY nights starting at 5:30 if anyone else would like to join us.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out Saturday for whatever the mileage.

Anonymous said...

me too....hoping for fairly long walk, especially if the weather is dry & mild(er).
Susan

Helen said...

Hope to be there on Monday.

Asking in advance if anyone wants to walk on Sunday, as I'll be at a seminar for most of Saturday, so will miss our long walk.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just checking to see if anyone is walking tonight...I'm planning to be there.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I'll be there tonight.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'll be there tonight.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Great! see you at 7:00,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Helen;
I'll walk with you on Sunday in the morning. I will also walk Saturday as I try to do extra on the weekends.

Time? would 9 be okay? Location?
Susan

Helen said...

Jan kindly loaned me the keys to her car tonight when she knew she'd be late. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I drove a standard, and I'm nervous about trying on someone else's car. Looks like I might miss the Shoppers group. Have a good walk.

Anonymous said...

I hope this mornings "crisp and fresh walk" went well! Helen, I'm not going to be joining you tomorrow a.m. Have a great weekend everyone! Oh and Charlotte..I'm dropping a cheque in the mail tonight for you:) alexis

Anonymous said...

I have 123.22 KM under my belt so far for January. Only 1888.78 km to go for 2012 km in 2012! I think I will pass on Wednesday's walk. My thighs are aching. I think the walk on Sunday in the snow did me in. I hope to see everyone on Saturday.

Sharon