Monday 19 September 2011

Walks: Mon. Sept. 19 & Wed. Sept. 21

Many fine shots were taken Saturday, but this one is the album cover
An easy week this week: 6K on Monday; 5K on Wednesday. See you 7ish for the evening walks.

Afternoon walkers, your time has changed to 4 pm on both days; leave from Dawn's. Email or phone her if you'd like to be added to that group.

The KW Half and 10K and the Island Girl Half happen on Sunday. We're ready. This week: remember to watch your diet, especially from Thursday on. Nothing that will upset your digestion. If you need to clip your toenails, do it now. Get those shoes and socks broken in, and remember that cardinal rule. Can I hear you say it? Nothing new on race day.

Niki is our birthday girl this week. So: happy birthday, birthday girl!

Congratulations to the Yorkville 5K participants, Olwyn, Barb S., Norma and David (have I left anyone out?). Norma walked it in a searing 38 minutes! We are not surprised, Speedy. Looks like you all got some pretty swanky medals and tees for your collections, too.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! I'll be thinking of you all this coming weekend! I feel sad that I'm gonna miss the KW half....feels like a tradition now! Helen....Is it "Kosher" to have someone pick up race kits for Jeanny and I even though we're not going to make the race? It seems a shame to leave the shirts etc....I'd be happy to donate mine to ShoreThings to be used as a draw prize at our next 10 +10.....just a thought! If you think it's an ok idea let me know and I'll forward my info....enjoy your week end in KW everyone! Alexis

Eileen said...

Unfortunately I can't make it Monday night (John's sister is visiting) but plan to be out Wed.
I'm also planning to walk Thurs night if anyone is interested.

Trish said...

I won't be out tonight as I am taking my Mom to the opera for her birthday (thanks to Olwyn and Cheryl). I won't be out Wed either has we have our open house at school. I am planning on joining Eileen and any others walkers on Thursday evening.
Alexis - if you email me the race registrations we can pick up the kits.

P Dawn said...

I will be doing the early evening walks on Monday and Wednesday.

If you are able to join us at this time, please phone me (rather than email) as I see the message light flashing on my phone, and don't always get to the email in a timely way.

We sometimes change the time or cancel (bad weather) and don't want to miss anybody.

Helen said...

Might not be out tonight, as Sam is in emerg at St. Mike's with a dislocated shoulder. Waiting to hear all the details. If you don't see us, you'll know why.

Anonymous said...

Well, it doesn't look like anyone is going to be out. I don't really want to walk it alone after dark in the rain so I'll do my own thing tomorrow in nicer weather.

Hope to see you Wednesday,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I am home & would walk, in the rain, tonight, if someone will join me at Loblaws. I'll check here until 6:30.....come now, any takers?

As for Thursday night, Maureen & I are doing 21 km from my place at 5:30 pm....any one interested in joining us?

Susan

P Dawn said...

Susan, Maureen - are you serious?

ChristineA said...

I will be there tomorrow evening. I can hardly wait. Thank you to Norma for the invitation!

Helen said...

Might have to take Sam back to emerg, as he's in some pain. If I don't walk tonight, I'll be walking with Jan on Thursday morning. Otherwise, see the KW Classic crew on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Susan and I are walking from Kingston Road this evening along with Christine who is new to the group. If anyone wants to join us, we are meeting at 7 pm on Kingston Road and Scarborough Road.
Norma

Eileen said...

I can't see that anyone is going tonight (Wed) so I will cancel as well.