Thursday 25 August 2011

Walk: Sat. Aug. 27 @ Tim's

Greetings from Indianapolis – and, before you ask, no, I'm not here for a race. But I am here to remind you about Saturday's walk, which is 11K.

I'm also here to thank Lou-Ann and Paul for their gracious hostessing and hosting of our Shore Things pool party. The food was great. Even the rain made it interesting! And what a nice bunch of people we all are.

A couple of people have tipped my off to a 5K race coming up in Yorkville. It features some good-looking swag, and food from Yorkville restaurants. Here's the link:

 http://www.YorkvilleRun.com


Fees go up August 29th.


Anyone registered for the KW Half/10K who still hasn't faxed their completed registration form to Dave Lewis? Get it in, kids.

10 comments:

Eileen said...

I won't be out Saturday -- have a good walk everyone.

Stacey said...

I won't be out Saturday either - but will do the 11K on my own! I am also interested in the Yorkville race on September 18. It's fundraising for a good cause (YWCA affordable housing for women) and since it is on the last day of TIFF, they are anticipating some good star gazing. Is anyone else interested?

P Dawn said...

I will be out on Saturday at Tim's. Yorkville run/walk = I'm thinking...... thinking............

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out on Saturday but will do my walk elsewhere. I am home on Monday so we can walk next week from my house with coffee/swim after. I am not able to do the Yorkville walk this year (can't do them all), however I would be very interested in this next year (great cause to support). Thank you all for your kind words about our potluck pool party! I have a few items left (3 folding into a bag chairs, Eileen's white tutu, Cheryl's bowl and platter, 3 serving spoons, 1 recycle shopping bag, several part bottles of wine...oops they have already been claimed!

Ruth said...

Thank you to everyone - Lou-Ann for hosting us, and everyone who brought such great food.

I'll be out on Saturday - looks like Dawn and I are the only ones left in town for the weekend :-)

Ruth

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Saturday, but I am contemplating the Yorkville 5k; will let you know Stacey. Happy walking for those left in town!

Olwyn said...

Okay, I registered for the Yorkville Charity 5k; anyone care to join me? Stacey? Bueller? (!)

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday. See a few of you then.

Susan

Charlotte S said...

I am in town and will be at Tim's tomorrow at 7:00 for the 11k.

debbie said...

I'm back from Washington and will be out for the 11 km tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Lou-Ann, did not get to thank you for hosting that fabulous party. You're the hostess with the mostest!

Cheers,

Debbie