Sunday 5 June 2011

Walks: Mon. June 6 & Wed. June 8

1st-place women in the Alfie Shrubb 5K & 8K
What a perfect day for the Alfie Shrubb race! Congratulations to Margie for taking first-place for women in the new 5K race. Lee Scott was first female in the Classic 8K. Rainer was second-place male in the 8K.  Arlene was there with guide Sheila, for whom it was, I believe, her first race. Well done everyone! Apparently, there were camel rides for the intrepid and/or kids during the event. Thanks to Rainer for the report and the pics.

Monday and Wednesday, the distances are 6K with five 2-minute speed play intervals, and 8K. So far, the weather for Monday evening looks perfect; Wednesday is predicted to be hot. Dress to be comfortable, and remember the body glide on parts that need gliding.

Maureen is our birthday girl this week. Enjoy this lovely weather, ordered just for you... and thanks for sharing it!

Thanks to Dawn for issuing info about the Toad training walk. If you're doing that event – or any other – be sure to let Dawn know, as she's our coordinator for all things racy.

See you 7ish on Monday and/or Wednesday.

[UPDATE: WEDNESDAY'S WALK HAS CHANGED TO THURSDAY, DUE TO THE HEAT. PLEASE CHECK THE COMMENTS.]

16 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

See you Wednesday, enjoy the sunshine.

P Dawn said...

Sorry, I won't be able to join you either Monday or Wednesday this week. But am hoping to be at Tim's on Saturday.

Happy Birthday, Maureen.

Well done at Alfie Shrub, Margie and Rainer - and Lee, of course!

Trish said...

I am planning on being out on Wed.

debbie said...

I'll be there Monday!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Maureen!
Won't be out tonight... walked around downtown between various appointments for at least 3 hours today, and then walked home from Spadina and College to Coxwell/Gerrard.. feet are tired ++++!
Maybe see all on Wednesday,
Margy

Helen said...

About Wednesday: if the hot weather poses a health risk, then perhaps we can defer to Thursday evening. Anyone up for that?

Anonymous said...

I'm all for changing to Thursday if Wed is really hot.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Cynthia said... OK with me if you move it to Thursday.

Happy Birthday Trish!!!
Happy Birthday Susan!!!
Happy Birthday Maureen!!!

Trish said...

Works fo r me!

Jan said...

I'm agreeable -in fact Thursday would probably be better for me anyway.

Eileen said...

I think I can do thurs too

Helen said...

Given the heat today, let's make it official: we're shifting the Wednesday walk to Thursday. Usual time and place. Hope to see you then.

Eileen said...

Good decision! See you all Thurs

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow sounds great but I won't be out. I am giving the gift of life. I will take a leisurely stroll around town afterwards and will probably see everyone on Saturday.

Sharon

Trish said...

Good choice. Just walked over to Metro. Like slamming into a wall it was so hot. See you tomorrow.

Lou-Ann said...

I guess I should have read he blog before going out Wednesday, it was a good thing no one was there (except Sue and I)as the clouds opened just after we decided not to go due to the lightening. Unfortunately I cannot walk Thursday night, so I will see you Saturdy.