Monday 20 June 2011

Walks: Mon. June 20 & Wed. June 22

Margy takes honours at the OTMH race in Oakville
We had quite the uphill climb for our 16K on Saturday. This week, we can take it relatively easy, with two 8K walks. Monday, those in training can add three 8-10-minute intervals, where you pick up the pace. See you 7ish. (I should note that some people are walking in the mornings rather than the evenings on weekdays, to avoid the heat. Contact Dawn H. if you want more info.)

Our picture today is of the OTMH race on Sunday. Naturally, the King and Queen of the Short Race were there. Here's Rainer's report:
There is no better way to spend Father's day (and my birthday) than to do another race....

We did the OTMH (Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital) race Sunday am..... perfect weather and a big PowerWalker turnout as Lee Scott is very active on the organizing committee.
Margy came in 16th overall at 39:01, with a chiptime of 7:49. She received the second place award in the senior category. I came in 5th overall 3rd male. The top 3 male walkers were separated by 13 seconds.  Good competition as we had 74 finishers. We had a few 'runners' masking as 'walkers' .... the usual stuff.

Congratulations to both of you. That's some blazing time, Margy!

8 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won
t be joining you tonight, but hope to be at Shoppers on Wednesday evening.

Some of us will be starting morning walks after the long weekend (4th July). We will likely be starting from my place or Lou-Ann's. Start time will be flexible, based on temperatures. If interested, please let me or Lou-Ann know.

Libby said...

If you are truly doing intervals I'd like to join you- can't seem to motivate myself to do them alone.
Hope to see you at 7
Libby

Anonymous said...

I'm on grandparenting duty this week and won't be out (except for the Runningroom free hat walk on Wednesday with my grandson)...will see you Saturday. Enjoy!
Sheila

Eileen said...

I won't be out tonight but plan on going on Wed for an easy 8m

debbie said...

Hoping to join you tonight!

Trish said...

I am aiming to be out Wed night but might have to cut walk short at 6k in order to get downtown to meet my daughters bus. Maybe this will entice some others out.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out on Wednesdays through the summer, as it's my dragon boat practice night. And, I'm off to visit my mother-in-law this weekend, so hope to re-join you when I'm back the week of July 4! Olwyn

Helen said...

Regretfully, I'll have to miss Wednesday's walk. Big deadline tomorrow morning. See you Saturday.