Sunday 27 February 2011

Walks: Mon. Feb. 28 & Wed. March 2


Let's all make joyous trilling noises. Just 6K and 5K this week before Sunday's Chilly Half. We have done the training, so we will be ready... and will have a great time in the race.

Speaking of time, it's a good one to remind everyone how to prepare for a race. So here's a reprise of a post from waaaaay back in 2008 – please give it a once over. Can you believe we've been doing this that long?

Wednesday is a Doc Soup night, so some of our regulars will be away. Please sign in to let people know if you'll be there.

We're sending get-well and speedy-healing wishes out to Susan, who is nursing a broken wrist after Saturday's fall on the ice. Please take care of yourself.

11 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won't be out on Monday or Wednesday. Hope to see everyone on Saturday.

Eileen said...

I plan to be out on Wed for an easy 6 km.
Susan -- so sorry to hear about your wrist! I hope it heals fast.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your wrist Susan, speedy healing.
I will not be out on Monday or Wednesday, so will see those not doing the Chili on Saturday. Goodluck to the Chili walkers.
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob & I have to go to a meeting tonight/Monday, and we'll be at Doc Soup on Wednesday. So we won't be out for either walk.

However, I'm going to try to walk during the day on Tuesday, and again perhaps on Thursday evening with Jan. Let me know if you want to join me/us.

Anonymous said...

Denise and I fit in 5 km tonight already and she is doing Doc Soup on Wednesday so I am taking advantage and going out with a friend. Planning on walking Saturday with all those non-chili/chilly people...best of luck...Alisa

Jan said...

Doesn't look like anybody's going out tonight! so I am going to duck out too - will make up later

Jan

Anonymous said...

Helen,
As long as it is not too icy and/or cold I am interested in walking on Tuesday & Thursday. What time were you thinking of going?
Susan, sorry to hear about your wrist, hopefully it won't interfere with your travel plans.

Lynne

Helen said...

Lynne,

I'd be walking Tuesday during the day -- maybe lunchtime? I have gym in the morning and a meeting in the evening, so can't do those.

Jan and I talked about walking Thursday evening, possibly the usual time. That's TBD.

H.

Anonymous said...

I was there last night, solo...so I did a much needed grocery and will walk home from work tonight.

Hope to see you Wednesday.
Sheila

Eileen said...

Unfortunately I have to work tonight so I can't walk but it looks like no one else is either :)

Anonymous said...

Cynthia will be out on Saturday. Hope you are sitting down. It is just too windy to go tonight (Wed)