Sunday 28 November 2010

Walks: Mon. Nov. 29 & Wed. Dec. 1

Shore Things lighting up the streets in November 2009
As we head into December and the holiday season, our goal is just to get out for an airing. Weeknights will be about 6K, weather dependent. Do try to come for a walk if you can.

There was a fascinating New York Times article recently that touches on the relationship between exercise and healthy aging. It's worth registering with the NYT to read this online (it's free), as it underlines the good things we do for our overall physical and mental health when we exercise – especially as we, er, mature.

A reminder that Dec. 1st is the day rates go up for the Resolution 5K.

Margy & Rainer, having been there, done that, and got the t-shirt (well, the jacket) have opted instead for the Boxing Day 10-Miler in Hamilton. This one also has a medal, and you know they don't have quite enough of those. The race swag is a pair of snowman-printed technical mitts. You have till Nov. 30th to register online if you'd like to join the King & Queen of the Short Race – though, at ten miles, we might have to change their title for 2011!

See you soon, friends.

6 comments:

Jan said...

I plan to be out tonight but I will miss Wednesday - Hot Docs night.

See everyone (someone?) tonight.

Trish said...

I won't be out Monday. Not sure about Wed. will let you know.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight or Wednesday; not sure yet about Saturday; too much Christmassing going on!

Anonymous said...

I should be out tonight, but not Wed
Leverne

Helen said...

I plan to be out on Monday, provided my wheels make it back home on time.

And I forgot about Doc Soup, which is where Bob will be on Wednesday (and I'll be at class; just 3 more to go).

So see you tonight or on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Maureen and I will be there. Wait for us.

Sharon