Monday 18 October 2010

Walks: Mon. Oct. 18 & Wed. Oct. 20

Fall colours along Lakeshore Avenue
Folks, this is one of those easy weeks – unless someone is training for an event they haven't mentioned to me. Just come out on Monday and Wednesday for an easy 6-8K. We'll decide the distance on the evening.

Congratulations to Ruth on her 2:38 chip time finish in the Toronto Half. It looks like it wasn't a personal best for her, but it's a record most of us would be proud – ecstatic – to have. Well done.

And congratulations, again, to Rainer for placing first in the Cavan Hills Country 10K. He and Margy had a good race. Here's his report:
The race was 10km and it was VERY hilly. It's called the Cavan Hills Race..... really tests your legs. Nice snacks after race. Home made baked beans and home made BUTTERTARTS. I usually never eat them but these are soooo good had 2. Actually had 2 cups of beans too. Very small and friendly event.

If you have a race or races you want people to consider for 2011, let me know. We might take 10 minutes at our party to do a short pitch for next year's events. Put on your thinking caps. On a pecuniary note: the earlier we register, the more money we save on entry fees!

Birthday wishes this week go out to Pat. Enjoy your day! It was great to see you on Thanksgiving Monday.

9 comments:

Eileen said...

I won't be out Mon night but plan to come out on Wed. I like the distance .

P Dawn said...

I won't be at Loblaw's tonight, but hope to be a Shoppers on Wednesday.

debbie said...

Hot stuff, Ruth1

I'll be at Loblaw's tonight.

Cheers

Debbie

Olwyn said...

Beautiful photo, Helen! I won't be out tonight or Wed; working again. Have a great week, everyone, Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight... see you at Loblaws
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to be at Loblaws tonight.......hopefully I remember how to walk! alexis

Anonymous said...

I will be out tonight.
Barb Shand

Susan Tomlinson said...

What beautiful fall colors to speed your walking along!

Trish said...

I am already in my pj's. Will see you all on Saturday.