Thursday 23 September 2010

Walks: Sat. Sept. 25 & KW Walking Classic Sun. Sept. 26

Shore Things rock the KW Walking Classic 10K in 2009
The Shore Things have 23 walkers doing the 10K and very first all-walkers half marathon in the KW Walking Classic on Sunday. At this point, you've checked your start times and know how you're getting there. If you want us to pick up your bibs the day before, please forward me your race confirmation email. Looks like the sun may be shining on our event.

Saturday night will be a pot-luck dinner at the hotel, and Rainer and Margy are bringing two big lasagnas as a start. Trish will have plates, napkins and utensils. And those going early to St. Jacob's market plan to fill in gaps with breads, salads and pies, lots of pies. But it's a true pot luck, so bring whatever you think you'd like. If you have dietary restriction, please let me know. We should aim to eat at around 6 pm. Sheila and company are the hostesses in their suite.

Meanwhile, back at Tim's there will surely be a small but enthusiastic group meeting at 8 am on Saturday for any distance that feels right. Sign in if you'll be among them.

7 comments:

olwyn said...

Wishing everyone a great weekend, and a great race weekend in Kitchener! I'll be thinking of you here, as I do my Scotiabank Half along the lakeshore; and I'll channel your 23-strong energy! Good times to all! Olwyn

debbie said...

Olwyn, we will miss your beautiful smile and cheerfulness (is that a word?)!

Good luck on the Scotiabank, and we'll all compare notes when we're back together the next weekend.

Debbie

Helen said...

Oh, gosh. Sorry, Olwyn, I'm always forgetting something important -- and how could I have forgotten you doing the Scotia!?! Have a wonderful race, and make sure Steve takes pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8:00 am. Please let me know if you are coming too, or if I really should just sleep in.

Wishing all racers a great race.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's too.

Wishing all our ambitious walkers a great race,

Michelle

Stacey said...

Have a great race Olwyn! I won't get to KW until late Saturday afternoon, but will be there for dinner. I just looked at the weather network for Sunday - sunny with cloudy periods - nice. Chilly though - 6 to 10 degrees!

Anonymous said...

Alisa and I are planning to be at Tim's tomorrow morning at 8am.

Denise