Thursday 16 September 2010

Walk: Sat. Sept. 18 @ Tim's

Looking happy at the lookout, Labour Day 2010
By popular demand, we're returning to our fall/winter/spring start time on Saturday: 8 am. Do I hear cheering? This Saturday, we'll do 8-10K – in keeping with the Scotia and KW Walking Classic Half schedule. Okay, Trish, you can do 6K if you prefer.

The Chicago marathon group will be doing 32-35K from the Grenadier Restaurant in High Park, and returning there for a well-deserved breakfast. I think they are starting at 6:30 am. Their route should take them past Tim's along the Martin Goodman Trail.

However, we might just miss each other if the other group heads north, south or east. So I propose that the Tim's group walk west to meet the Chicago group, then turn back after we meet. What do you think? Voice up in the comments.

Scotia needs volunteers in the Beach: If you aren't doing either race on Sept. 26th, and you have some time to give (or have high schoolers who need volunteer hours), Scotia is looking for volunteers along Queen Street between 8:30 am and 2 pm. If you are available, please email me and I'll put you in touch with Joanne Burton of the Stellar Runners. It will be beneficial for the Shore Things (I've been assured) and you'll get a complimentary race entry for next year.

On a celebratory note, Fiona, one of our west-end Shore Things, is our birthday girl on Friday. We hope you get to whoop it up, girl!

13 comments:

Bob said...

Oops! Somebody who shall remain nameless but who looks strangely like me forgot to pass onto Helen a request for an interim 7:30 start this Saturday, and 8:00 from that point on. It has now been done and the start time is now 7:30.

debbie said...

Hey Bob, you mean you're human and capable of forgetting?

I'll be there at 7:30 for 8-10 km.

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend!

Debbie

Trish said...

A 7:30 start one last time is great. Thanks! And believe it or not I am up for the 8-10 (split the difference and do 9?) distance as posted. Won't be last at KW!

P Dawn said...

I will be there at 7.30 for one last time......

Stacey said...

See you at 7:30 tomorrow morning for 8 - 10k!

Ruth said...

7:30 is fine - I wouldn't know what to do with too much sleep, anyway :-)

Ruth

Cheryl M said...

Eva and I will see you at 7:30 also. I will be driving "Lady Grey"

Olwyn said...

See everyone at 7:30am, for one last time! BTW, for anyone who's been asking, the Shore Things End of Season Party is on Saturday November 13th; not sure of the location yet.

Jan said...

We're out of town this weekend so I'll miss Saturday's walk. We're going on a hike today though - with hills I hear (my favourite)so maybe that will qualify for the 10k I am supposed to do. I have to miss Monday too - relatives in town - so see you Wednesday. I am sooo worried about Waterloo - missed too much training.

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Bob you missed me off the list for the race! I would also like to be included for the brunch afterwards.

Lynne

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruth said...

Arlene, Libby, and I will be staying in Waterloo overnight before the K-W race (staying at the Destination Inn, which is ~3 miles north of the Waterloo Hotel).

Arlene and I plan to come for brunch after the K-W race. We may be looking for a ride back to Toronto afterwards - it's a bit up in the air at the moment.

Ruth