Thursday 8 July 2010

Walk: Sat. July 10 @ Tim's

We all know that Ruth and Arlene cast a giant shadow. Here's photographic proof.

Despite our scorching weather, we have some long distances to complete Saturday:

KW Half: 8K
Reykjavik Half and Chicago Full: 13K
Reykjavik Full: 27K. I'll repeat that: 27K

Here's a 27K route eastbound along the Waterfront Trail. It involves a steepish wooded section at the end of Undercliff. This is a route we used to train for Jeans Marines. Of course, you can choose a different route. I really recommend you consider an extra-early start for the longest distance. Sign in to set your times.

Michelle and Leverne are our birthday queens this post. Hope they have wonderful days.

And here's the news on volunteering: No news! We put our names in, but didn't hear anything back. So thanks for your offer, but enjoy your Sunday.

19 comments:

Helen said...

Bob & I will be doing our 27K, starting very early on Monday morning. Let us know if you want to join us.

Bob also plans to come on Saturday for 8-10K.

Ruth said...

Arlene and I will be doing our 27K first thing *Friday*, because I'm away this weekend. We're praying for cooler weather.

Eileen said...

I'll be there on Saturday.

Eileen said...

I'll be there Saturday

debbie said...

I'll be there Saturday at 7:30 am for either 8 or 13 km.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Debbie

Barbara said...

I will be out tomorrow, Saturday for 13Km. I am planning on starting at 7am. Is anyone else up for that? If not I will change to 7:30 as I would love the company.

P Dawn said...

I would rather start at 7.30 to do 13k. t looks like the 'low' tonight is going to be 16, which means it shouldnt be too terribly hot in the morning. At least, I hope that's correct.

P Dawn said...

oh, I forgot to say - have a good weekend, Helen, where ever you are!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'd love to start at 7 also, if you are still up for that Barbara, I'll do 13km with you. If I don't see a "for sure" from you by late tonight, I'll join the 7:30ers.

Sheila

debbie said...

Hi again,

Barbara and Sheila, I'd love to join you at 7 am for 13 km.

Are we on?

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I'm "on" Debbie, see you at 7 and hope to see Barbara too.
Sheila

debbie said...

Great, Sheila and Barbara and anyne else who'd like to join us, see you at 7!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I'll make an effort to join in at 7:00 am - somehow, I think I'll regret saying this in the morning, so if you don't see me.....

Susan

Barbara said...

Yes, I will be there at 7 am
barbara

Bob said...

I will be there at 7:30 to do whatever the consensus is. I still have 27 k waiting for me on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Lynne and I will be there at 7
Leverne

Jan said...

I'll be there for 7 or 7:30 - depends when I wake up!

Anonymous said...

7:30 for 13 k

Sharon

Anonymous said...

7:30 for 13 k

Sharon