Friday 5 March 2010

Walk: Sat. March 6 @ Tim's

Our reward for last Saturday's long, wet walk is the sunshine of a fine, springy day tomorrow. It's a perfect weekend for those (including Margy & Rainer) doing the not-so-chilly Chilly Half, this year. Enjoy!

Speaking of enjoy: I'm sure you'll enjoy the big news that Eileen and John will be tying the knot this July. We wish them every happiness. The happy couple invite us to celebrate with them (after their small private ceremony and, of course, honeymoon) at a BBQ on August 7th. Please reserve the day. Details will follow.

Our distance for Saturday is 10K and, if the thaw hasn't turned our path into a skating rink, we'll do the boardwalk with Neville Park as our turnaround.

Heads up for anyone looking for a spring race that registration is open for the Mercedes-Benz 10K on April 25th. A chance to add some fancy bling to your collection and possibly win the lease of a Benz for a year.

Other short races approaching include the St. Patrick's Day Achilles 5K next weekend (free chili and beer after), Harry's Spring 5K/8K in early April (always good swag), the Sporting Life 10K in May, which I think a few of us have signed up for, and the 8th Annual Alfie Shrubb 8K in June. There's a nice symmetry about that 8+8, and the Alfie Shrubb has always been very supportive of walkers.

That's it from me. See you at 8 am on Saturday.

4 comments:

P Dawn said...

I think I'll be at Tim's tomorrow morning. If I'm not, please don't wait for me as I'll either be sleeping in or packing for warmer places.

Given the current projected temperatures, one might wonder why I'm going in search of warmer places!!

If I don't see people tomorrow, I won't be seeing ou until early April.........

Unknown said...

I'm thinking of doing the Mercedes race (I'm a sucker for good bling). Anyone else interested?

I'm taking Lee Scott's course for the next 8 weeks - but will definitely join the gang again in May.

debbie said...

Lovely news, Eileen and JOhn --all the best!

I'll be out Saturday walking in the sun and savouring every moment of it!

Cheers

Debbie

Lou-Ann said...

I will be walking Saturday...CONGRATS TO EILEEN AND JOHN!