Monday 11 January 2010

Walk: Mon. Jan. 11 @ Loblaws

This is Taylor Creek Park in winter

Just a quicky post today, folks: Tonight it's 6K, starting at 7 pm. Please sign in to let people know whether they should or should not expect you. Have a great walk.

Robbie Burns racers: Lou-Ann and Dawn are volunteering for race kit pick-up on Friday, Jan. 22nd. Forward them your confirmations if you'd like them to do that (there is also pick-up early on race morning – but you might want to experiment with sarong kilt wrapping beforehand).

Chilly Half walker wannabes: Race is almost sold out (may even be sold out now), so act quickly.

Congratulations to Sheila and her family on the joyous arrival of girl grandchild number one (a cousin for boy grandchild)!

And get well, Olwyn (she is sidelined by a case of shingles) – we know you'd rather be walking than cosy in bed, right?

It's just weird how my intended quickies quickly become longer. Sigh.

6 comments:

Helen said...

A reminder that I'll be missing Mondays (literally and figuratively) till after mid-April. Anyone interested in walking Tuesdays (mornings preferred) let me know.

Jan said...

I intend to be out tonight - and I will be walking with Helen on Tuesday mornings

Anonymous said...

I will there tonight, see you at 7:00,
Sheila

Olwyn said...

Thanks for your good wishes, Helen; and I'm on the mend, but it's taking its own sweet time to heal! As you say, I won't be out tonight or Wednesday; with hope, I'll be doing better on Sat. Jan ~ Happy belated birthday, fellow Capricorn! See everyone soon, Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I hope to be out tonight.
Barb Shand

Lou-Ann said...

I am walking tonight, hope you are feeling better soon Olywn!