Tuesday 8 December 2009

Walk: Wed. Dec. 9 @ Shoppers (or not)


This is the scene we hope we won't be met with over the next few days... the weatherman has been over-cautious about recent weather warnings, so it will remain to be seen what the streets are like on Wednesday evening. Needless to say, if it's unsafe or too blowy, we'll save our 6K for another time. Check the comments for updates.

Dust off your YakTrax, just in case.

The books and calendars have arrived, and they look fabulous! I've also just heard that our t-shirts are being screened now, so we'll have them soon, too. Charlotte has emailed those with orders, giving prices, and will be collecting payments.

Late orders for the softcover books or the calendars can be accepted if placed before Dec. 18th -- however, you won't qualify for the 10% bulk discount on the calendar, and the delivery cost will be a bit higher (so $30 cost rather than $25). Books will still be $60. Please email me asap.

If there are no further orders for the vests, I'll place that order soon, too. We'll also be getting embroidered reflective Shore Things patches, one about 2X4" and one bout 4X8", for just over $20 per set. If you want one, please let me know by the weekend.

3 comments:

Olwyn said...

Nice new look to the blog, Helen!
Very cool...
And thanks Charlotte, for being the bank ~ I'll get my cheque sent out to you this week.
I may or may not be out Wed night, depending on the weather....but will be away on Saturday, so won't be out then. A good week to all, Olwyn

Helen said...

I'm writing early, so that everyone has time to see it...

Unless a miracle happens weatherwise tonight, our walk is cancelled.

Hope everyone stays safe out there.

We won't be out on Saturday, due to the Santa Suit race. I'll try to arrange a transfer of goods so that people can pick up their calendars, &c.

Helen said...

Just confirming that I will *not* be doing my Marcel Marceau "Walking Into the Wind" impression this evening -- despite the fact that it might not get cold enough to freeze the rainslick on the streets.