Wednesday 4 November 2009

Walk: Wed. Nov. 4 @ Shoppers


Good news on the Angus Glen 10K front. Using evidence from the race course photos, the "third-place" walker was able to demonstrate that the people ahead of him were not actually walking. He is now acknowledged as first in the walking category, and our two Shore Things move up two places.

Congratulations, Rainer, on your second-place (photo) finish! Margy is now 8th. And kudos to the Angus Glen organizers for listening.

Perhaps we can do the same for the Hamilton Road2Hope Half. It would simply mean moving the runners' results into the running category where they belong.

When we did the Toronto Half in 2008, Bob's first sub-2:30 race, he diligently checked all the bibs listed ahead of him against the race photos. It was clear that most if not all of them were running. It didn't occur to us then to send the information to the organizers. Is this the start of a whole new obsession?

Tonight, the distance is a lovely 6K. Come out and stretch your legs.

I end with a final plea for good homes for three orphaned Opera tickets for tomorrow night's show. If you can't take them, please do ask around. If you haven't picked up your ticket yet, I'll meet you at the entrance of the Four Seasons Centre at 7:15 pm on Thursday, Nov. 5th.


9 comments:

Helen said...

I have an end-of-season meeting with the community garden group tonight, so I won't be walking. See you Saturday.

However, Bob is planning on being at Shoppers tonight at 7 pm.

Barbara said...

Hi all,

I plan on being at Shoppers tonight at 7pm. Barbara

Anonymous said...

I may not be out tonight, got a late work appointment.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna try my best to get out tonite....see you at Shoppers at 7. Alexis

P Dawn said...

I'm not sure about tonight - if I'm not there at 6.58 pm, please don't wait for me. Hope to be out on Saturday.

P Dawn said...

I'm not sure about tonight - if I'm not there at 6.58 pm, please don't wait for me. Hope to be out on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I have another commitment tonight. See you Saturday,
Sheila

Jan said...

I am going to miss tonight - feeling overwhelmed workwise (23 unread messages in my email - plus the ones that I have read but haven't responded to yet!)

See you Saturday

Jan said...

I am going to miss tonight - feeling overwhelmed workwise (23 unread messages in my email - plus the ones that I have read but haven't responded to yet!)

See you Saturday