Tuesday 11 August 2009

Walks: August 12 & 15

It was a fine "house cooling" for Trish. Now we all have to continue to live up to the motto above: Live well; Laugh often; Love much. And I should probably add: wipe the table before you take the picture.

This is another summer omnibus post for this week's remaining two walks.

Wednesday is one of our long weeknight walks: 10K. The eastern margin is Gledhill, the western is Pape, and it's the route that goes south of Danforth. A route is posted at this link. (Bob & I can't make it, as we're picking our daughter up from the airport that night. Therefore, I'll be walking early on Thursday morning, weather permitting. Let me know if you'd like to join me.)

It's the set-up for a 16K walk this Saturday. The turnaround for the boardwalk route is Kingsbury at Lakeside. A route is posted at this link.

This schedule is for the Toronto Island Women's Half on September 19th, for which eight Shore Things are registered. You can still sign up at the earlybird rate of $55 if you do it before September 9th, which is fast approaching.

For the KW Walking Classic 10K on September 27th, the deadline before the price increase is even closer, September 1st. Ten members of our group are signed up so far. Hope you'll consider joining us to support this walkers-only race. Race organizer Susan Lewis (who is a long-distance member of the Shore Things) has arranged for us to have a later checkout at the Waterloo Hotel, which is just a short walk from the start. Some of us have rooms there, so it looks like this will be our race hotel.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helen:
I'm curious (interested, perhaps) about a Thursday morning...what time were you thinking? I'm off work, so I'm hoping it isn't too early...but let me know.
Not joining you folks Wednesday night.
Susan

Olwyn said...

I'm planning to be out for the 16k on Saturday morning; may I suggest starting at 7am (yawn!), as we'll be done earlier, rather than later...
Not sure about Wed night; if I'm not at Shoppers by 7, please don't wait for me. Olwyn

P Dawn said...

I won't be at Shoppers tonight. I am interested in a walk Sat morning, but don't want to start at 7 and/or do 16k.
Anyone else interested in a shorter walk starting at 7.30?

Libby said...

Arlene and i would be interested in a 7am start for the 16k on Saturday

debbie said...

Hi all,

I'm back from Peru and am fine for 16 km and a 7 am start. Supposed to be a gorgeous weekend!

Cheers

Debbie

Ruth said...

I'll be there for 7 on Saturday too.

Ruth

borgetta said...

Hi Dawn: I'll be there at 7:30 to walk with you. Cheers--Michelle.

debbie said...

Hi Helen....

So is it official? 7 am start tomorrow?

Debbie

Helen said...

Hi, Debbie (and everyone) -- for those doing 16K, we'll start at 7 to get a jump on the heat. For those doing a shorter distance, 7:30's probably early enough.

I'm doing the 16. So, see you at 7?

Helen said...

Dress for the occasion: Forecast says 21 degrees at 7 am.

P.S. Wear your sunscreen.