Sunday 19 July 2009

Walks: Week of July 20th

All those rain dances must have worked, and a great time was had by all. Thanks again to Lou-Ann and Paul for the great hospitality!

This is an experiment with a holiday schedule of posting just one message a week. Let's see how that works:

Monday's walk at Loblaws is 8K.

Wednesday is supposed to be hot. If it is, Lou-Ann has invited us to meet again at her place. Bring your bathing suits, and after 8K you can enjoy a swim. Let me know if you need a) and address or b) a ride.

Saturday it's 11K, starting at 7:30 am from Tim's.

A few races are coming up besides the Toronto Island Women's Half (which I think welcomes males as well). One of them is the KW Walking Classic 10K on September 27th. I'm hoping we'll have a big contingent out to support this race, as we'd like them to offer a half marathon for walkers only next year. Rainer has passed along this hotel recommendation in Waterloo -- named (astonishingly) the Waterloo Hotel. You might want to check it out.

8 comments:

Trish said...

Not sure if I will make tonight as I have somehow done some injury to my back. Chiro said walking OK but perhaps shorter and slower just to check it out. So if this spurs anyone to come out for short and slow, let me know.
Hopefully will be out Wed for the walk and swim. Will be away Saturday as I am headed off to the big metropolis of Bartlesville OK to see my mother in law.

P Dawn said...

I won't be out tonight (Monday), and am not sure about Wednesday yet. Won't be out Saturday as I'm going to be in the country!!

Helen said...

Am searching for a bathing suit now, so hope to be out on Wednesday.

We'll have to miss Saturday, but will be walking instead on Friday morning around 7ish, if anyone wants to join us. Let me know.

Lou-Ann said...

Just checking are we walking from Lou-Ann's house or Shopper's on Wednesday?

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight (Wed), as I have a work commitment, so have fun in the pool after the walk! Also, I'm doing the Beaches Jazz 10k on Sunday morning, so won't be out on Saturday. Happy walking everyone, happy camping to the happy campers! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

sorry I won't be there on Wednesday... hope it warms up enough for a swim though
Leverne

Helen said...

Let's meet at Lou-Ann's anyway for a change of pace -- if we're able to swim afterwards, that would be a bonus. I'm just back after a day out, and will plan a route.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking at 7ish from our place on Friday. If we don't hear from anyone, we'll set out on our own. Have a good walk on Saturday.