Thursday 4 June 2009

Walk: Sat. June 6 @ Tim's

Let's start at the very beginning. It's a very good place to start. When you sing, you begin with do, re, mi. When you walk, you begin with... 8K.

Let's also make the focus conversational and take The Spit, which gives us more room to spread out. Nevertheless, the sun will be shining, and the bikes will be out, so stay alert. Hope to see you out at 8 am.

Question: do we want to stick to 8 am in June, or begin earlier summer hours after this weekend? Post your opinion on the blog comments.

Later on Saturday, Bob & I will be heading to North Bay so that he can do the RunWalk 4Patrick Half Marathon. They don't have a walker category; I don't *think* they have a blackfly category. We'll see.

A reminder about the Wow Master Class with Lee Scott on June 14th. I'd like to have at least 6 in the class to make the cost per person about $65. If we can't get that number now, she has given me two back-up weekends, June 27/8 and July 4/5. Please reply to this email to let me know your interest.

10 comments:

P Dawn said...

I can't join you this Saturday, but my preference for starting time over the summer would be 8.00.
Good luck in North Bay, Bob.

Anonymous said...

I'm OK with any start time. Bob, I lived in North Bay a looooooong time ago. It was very pretty then and probably still is. Hope your route takes you along both Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake, even tho flying critters used to be very prolific around the latter. Enjoy! Cheers -- Michelle.

Trish said...

I am away this weekend but hope to be out again starting Monday. When it gets hot and the distances get longer I prefer the 7:00 start. Seems to me last year we did 7:30 in June then 7:00 in July and August. I will however go with the flow or the pace.
I would like to join Lee on the first date mentioned. Can't do the last weekend of June.

debbie said...

Hi all,

Re start time,it's still pretty cool out there, so maybe stick to 8am this month and switch to 7 am for July and August? Either way I'm fine with any start time...since I begin work at 6 am, it's all sleep-in time for me!

Helen and Bob, enjoy your trip to North Bay, and Bob --good luck in the race.

See you all Saturday.

Debbie

Jan said...

While we're still doing short distances I wouldn't mind sticking with the 8am start. If we start increasing to more than 12k then an earlier start would be better.

I would be interested in Lee's class on the 14th - can't do the other dates.
Jan

Bob said...

Hey, Michelle, I grew up in Widdifield from the ages of 5 to 10, so I know North Bay too, Went to École Sainte Anne. Yes, the route is along Lake Nipissing, but not Trout Lake, although I have swum in both.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Debbie's comment about starting times:
June at 8:00 am;
July & August 7:00 or 7:30 - just to avoid the heat.

See you on Sat.

Susan

Eva said...

Surprise !!! I will be walking tomorrow and bringing a friend who is interested in trying out the wonderful world of walking. However, I will do whatever distance she is able to do. My vote is to start 8am in June and 7:30 in July/August.
See you tomorrow.

As of now, I cannot commit on Lee's training and other races.

Bob and Helen, have a wonderful trip to North Bay.

Anonymous said...

I'm having foot pain, and have been told to take a bit of a break from walking.
I agree with Jan, that if you are doing shorter distances to stick with the 8 am start.
Bob, have a good race in North Bay.

Barb S.

Stacey said...

All the best in North Bay Bob - have fun - you can walk faster than those bugs can fly so you should be fine!
As the days get hotter and the routes longer, I prefer an earlier start - 7:00 is best for me, but I'm fine with whatever the group decides.
None of the dates for Lee's class work for me.