Wednesday 13 May 2009

Walk: Wed. May 13 @ Shoppers

It was a night at the opera, and the highlight, of course, was our grand aria on the staircase. Here, we pause for breath. Musetta, eat your heart out.

The Four Seasons Centre is a wonderful space for music, and the view was good even from our 5th Ring seats. But big thanks to Olwyn for organizing the backstage tour. It's really what made our evening special.

Tonight, we'll do a technique session before our walk. Meet at Shoppers as usual, and we'll warm up on our way over to the track at Cosburn and Coxwell. After 30-40 minutes of technique, we'll set off for 8K (to make up our scheduled 10K). If you have time beforehand, have a look at the Technique Tips (they're posted on the blog if you ever want a review). See you at 7 pm.

Long weekend coming up, so let's think ahead about Monday. Please declare whether you would prefer a morning or evening walk on Monday.

8 comments:

P Dawn said...

yes, a great big thank you to Olwyn. Wonderful show and wonderful tour afterwards.
I hope to be at Shoppers ths evening, but have a bit of a scratchy throat (must have been all the singing I did last night) so will have to see.
I am away this coming weekend, so won't see you on Monday. I was wondering about the chances of starting our LONG Saturday walk a bit early - like 7.30. Anyone interested?

Trish said...

It was indeed a wonderful night at the opera. I was truly blown away by the size of the stage. Wow!
I probably won't make it tonight, so if anyone else misses and would like a walk Thursday let me know.
I think starting at 7:30 Sat would be a good idea.
I vote for Monday morning.9:00?

Libby said...

Many Kudos and thanks to Olwyn for organizing the opera evening- truly spectacular
Arlene and I agree with starting the long walk earlier

Olwyn said...

Hi All, and thanks for your thanks; glad you enjoyed the show and the tour! I'm in favour of a 7:30am start on Saturday; as long as we're not hit by hailing golf balls again! See you then.. Olwyn

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you Olwyn, it was a lovely evening, and fun to see so many Shore Things all in a row!

I agree with starting the long walk earlier Saturday, and will join those walking Monday morning, if possible (not sure of my plans yet).

See you tonight,
Sheila

Charlotte S said...

Thanks again, Olwyn for a great experience. I vote for a 7:30 start on Saturday and a 9:00 start on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Olwyn what an amazing evening! It was a great performance and awesome theatre. Thank you so much for organizing this and I look forward to our next outing. I'm hooked!
Cynthia
Oh yes, training, may not be out this evening and am in favour of a 7:30 start Saturday. Thanks again, Cynthia

Lou-Ann said...

Wow what a night, can't stop talking about it! I had a wonderful time and a very positive "Opera" experience, thanks to Olwyn and of course Steve too!!!!!