Friday 8 May 2009

Walk: Sat. May 9 @ Tim's

We've passed this guy many times, it would seem. But I noticed him for the first time only when we last did 16K. The tree he inhabits is on the north side of the white picnic shelter, near the Leuty Lifeguard Station.

Watch out for him. But don't worry. I'm sure his bark is worse than his bite.

It's 16K again. At the moment, the weather looks promising. Let's do the boardwalk route, and once again the turnaround is Lakeside in the Bluffs. See you at 8 am.

I close with this personal note from Libby about a film at the HotDocs documentary festival, which ends this weekend:

I know some of the group are keen on Hot Docs. My daughter's friend Eva Markvoort is starring in one called 65_RedRoses. Eva is on the front cover of this week's NOW magazine. (It is also playing Sunday.) The girls were camp counsellors together in Vancouver. Eva has cystic fibrosis and the film is real live coverage of her double lung transplant story. Eva is an amazing girl!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot make it tomorrow, I'll see you Monday at Loblaws.
Sheila

debbie said...

Hi all,

I'm back from the Vancouver half marathon and will be on the march with you again Saturday.

We were lucky with the weather in Vancouver...sunny and cool. Lovely course....about half of it through Stanley Park...towering trees and lush forest. Part of the route was also along the harbour, with beautiful views of the water and the Lion's Gate Bridge. And the cherry trees in both Vancouver and Victoria are ablaze with gorgeous pink blossoms....a nice change to be cleaning pink petals off your car windshield instead of snow!
It was tough to come back...but...
See you all Saturday.
Debbie

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tim's for 16 k tomorrow morning. I have seen that man in the tree - but someone had to pint him out to me too.
Congrats, Debbie.

Trish said...

I plan to be out Sat.

Wow Power Walking Founder said...

Ha! Laughed out loud about the bark not being as bad as his bite! The wonderful things we see walking.

Lee