Sunday 31 May 2009

Walk: Mon. June 1 @ Loblaws

I would say it was the perfect weather for a race, and the course wasn't as manic as expected. Yes, there were bikes that it might have been nice to have avoided -- but it was okay. Not enough porta-potties for an all-woman race. Some would say not enough firefighters. But okay.

Betsy and Alexis completed their very first half marathons. Dawn swears this is her very last half. Two firsts and a final, and a lot of great gals in between. Way to go, all of us!

A first batch of pictures is up on Flickr, so have a look. More to come. The results aren't posted yet, but they should be up eventually on RoadRaceResults.com -- search for the race through the calendar feature.

Unsure how many of us racers will be up for a walk on Monday night. We'll keep it an easy 5-6K, as the schedule for the Toronto Island Women's Half won't start till next week. Unsure even if I'll be out myself on Monday (TBD), but I will see you Wednesday or Saturday.

11 comments:

debbie said...

Hi all,

Inspired by today's half, I've just registered for the Toronto Island Women's Half on Sept. 19th.

Yes, I am a glutton for punishment!

See you all Saturday!

Cheers

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alexis and Betsy! It was a great day all round. I'm a little sore, but as always, it was worth it.

I cannot make it tonight, but hope to be there Wednesday.

See you then,
Sheila

debbie said...

Hi,

The results from Sunday's half are now posted at:

www.towomenshalf.com

Congratulations to all!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the cheers everyone! It's a great feeling completing my first half and I couldn't have done it without all the support and group training! I'm up for planning another too! I'm gonna rest my weary bones tonight and will see you all on Wed. cheers, alexis

Jan said...

It was fun - we couldn't have asked for better weather.

I too am going to take the day off today - nursing a sore hip.

See you Wednesday hopefully

Jan

Stacey said...

And just because I'm a proud mama, my daughter Cora completed her first 1/2 marathon as well. I know she's not technically one of us, but she is "of" one of us. See you all on Saturday!

And a big thanks to Eileen and Eva for their support along the route. It's great having people to cheer us on.

P Dawn said...

Congratulations to everyone on yesterdays event. Particularly to Alexis, Betsy, and Cora for doing their first half.
I won't be outtonight. Maybe on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations fellow(?) history makers!
Had a great day yesterday and am suffering for it today! However, I will try my hardest to recover this week as I am off to sunny and hot Jolly Old England - 24c today in my hometown!
I will rejoin y'all on Saturday June 13th until then happy trails.
Lynne

Helen said...

Congratulations, Cora -- I didn't realize it was your first time, too!

I've decided to take this evening to rest my knee, so we'll see you on Wednesday, folks. Have a good evening, wherever you may be.

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight.

Barb S.

Trish said...

Congrats to all who competed yesterday. You go girls. Sorry I wasn't able to come out and cheer you on.
I probably won't be out again until next Monday. Between reports, my house and my mom's house I am a bit tied up. Love the sound of those shorter distances. Going to try for the Midsummer Nightrace in August.