Tuesday 24 February 2009

Walk: Wed. Feb. 25 @ Shoppers

Just a quickie reminder tonight: It's a short walk for both groups tomorrow (6K for the ST10s and 5K for the Chillys). If the forecast is to be believed, we should be able to get through it before any rain starts to fall. See you at 7 pm.

In case you missed her comment last time, here's an excerpt from Debbie's report on the A1A half marathon last weekend in Ft. Lauderdale. Read her full comment on this page:

It was lovely -- but then how can walking in 24 degrees and sunshine be anything but?

I did not beat my personal best - I clocked in at 3:01, but I knew that fairly early on, so I just enjoyed the course, and it was gorgeous. Much of it was parallel to the ocean,which was just 50 feet away. The race started at 6 am, and the road was closed to traffic,so it was lovely and quiet and you could hear the sound of the waves crashing and see the sun sparkling on the water. Part of the course was also through a state national park....a path through trees and flowering bushes..the air was positively perfumed.

Well done, Debbie. The medal sounds great, too -- we'll get to see it this Saturday. Perhaps Debbie brought some of that Florida sunshine with her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot make it tonight, but hope to be out Saturday.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Bravo Debbie; sounds like it was a wonderful course.
I may not be out tonight; but will be there on Saturday morning, for sure ~ Olwyn

Unknown said...

I'll be there tonight

Trish said...

I plan on trying for tonight as I like the distance but....it's report time and if I get busy I would like to get them finished. Don't wait.